Family (Lyon Vastia)

"Great job, (First Name)!"

You fell back as you tried to catch your breath.

Sherry walked over to you handing over a towel.

"You're improving. Seems just like yesterday you could barely defend yourself!"

As you wiped your face, you couldn't help, but feel embarrassed about it. You couldn't defend back then and got a lot of crap for it, but because of that you managed to get some lessons from Lamia Scale's Ice Mage, Lyon Vastia.

He was the closest you could get to your element: water.

The lessons were usually spread out because he would go out on missions...or visit Fairy Tail to see his "beloved Juvia".

You didn't understand how he even liked her. It was obvious that she was in love with the other ice mage!

Why couldn't Lyon just see what was in front of him?

"(First Name)? Are you alright?"

You looked up to look at Sherry.

"I'm fine! Sorry, I was just thinking. Let's head back. Maybe Lyon and the others have returned!"

Sherry giggled and nodded before the two of you left for the guild.

~~~

"(First Name)! Yuka threw my sock away!" cried Toby as he held onto you.

Yuka glared at the dog man.

"Because you weren't doing your job! All you would do was rub your damn face on the sock."

Toby cried more.

Lyon sighed.

"Let go of (First Name). She has nothing to do with your problem, Toby."

You laughed.

"I really don't mind Lyon. You guys were gone for a while."

Lyon gave a soft smile before Chelia popped up.

"Sherry tells me you're improving! Does this mean you'll be joining us?"

The tall ice mage blinked and looked at you.

You blushed and rubbed the back of your neck.

"Well, I have been, but Babasaama-san requested that I should be with Jura-san for my first few missions just in case."

Chelia pouted as Lyon chuckled.

"At least you will be in good hands. I trust Jura with anything."

That made you feel better on the inside, but it still bothered you that he was head over heels for a woman who didn't share the same feelings.

~~~

"(First Name)!"

You turned around and instantly blushed as you saw Lyon only in swim trunks.

"L-Lyon! Ah, um...what can I help you with?"

Trying not to stare at his well toned chest, you glued your eyes to his face like a hawk.

He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, Chelia wanted me to ask you if you'd like to join us at the nearby pool. You've been on jobs with Jura this past month. Maybe you should relax with some friends?"

"Sure! I've been working pretty hard. A break would be nice. Lead the way."

He smiled and took your hand before leading the way.

While he wasn't looking, your face had exploded in red now with your feelings unable to stay within.

You would have to thank Chelia some time in the future for this.

~~~

Everyone was either in the pool or getting a tan. Well, Sherry was the one getting a tan.

Chelia swam to the side of the pool.

"Why aren't you swimming, (First Name)?"

"Well...it's rather pathetic, but...I don't know how."

The younger Blendy stared in shock.

"You should know how! You're a water mage for crying out loud!"

"S-Shut up! I grew up in a desert-like area. Water was hard to come by."

"Oh? Our water mage doesn't know how to swim?"

Yuka stood there with a smug look, but it was hard to tell with his large, chia pet eyebrows.

"Don't rub it in!"

"What's going on over here?"

Lyon had appeared next to Chelia in the water. He seemed to peek interest in their conversation.

Yuka smirked.

"(First Name) doesn't know how to swim."

You became flustered and looked elsewhere.

"Want me to teach you?"

Chelia grinned.

"Yeah! Let Lyon teach you! After all, he's the one who taught you how to use your magic for defense."

Your heart was racing, but nodded anyway.

"Then meet me over by the shallow area. We'll start there."

Chelia gave you a thumbs up before diving under the water. Yuka walked away leaving you there.

"It...can't be that hard, right?"

~~~

Lyon held your back as you laid there.

"When I let go, don't flip out this time."

"That's because you didn't warn me!"

It had been a good hour and you had yet to master floating.

You were determined to do this, but felt bad that Lyon had to deal with you.

As he let go, you were floating. A small smile graced itself upon your lips.

"Hey Lyon?"

He looked at you with a kind smile.

"Sorry you have to put up with me like this."

"What do you mean?"

You sighed and touched the floor with your feet.

"I mean, I keep trying, but I keep bothering you with stupid things like this. Teaching me basic defense and how to swim. I...I don't want to keep being a burden to you."

"You're not a burden to me. It's like teaching a younger sibling these things. After all, we're like family."

It hit your hard, but it wasn't as harsh as you thought.

To be honest, this was the same as what Chelia told you about the relationship between Juvia and her ice mage. He viewed her as a sister rather than a lover.

"Right. A guild is a family. Sorry for snapping like that. Guess I was more stressed from the jobs than I thought!"

The ice mage ruffled your hair with a kind smile.

"Maybe you should relax more."

You laughed and fixed your wet hair.

Even if he didn't see you as a lover, there was still a chance in the future for it to happen.

You would just have to find the right moment.

((A/N: So I changed the title to this like five times because I didn't know what I wanted. I do plan on having another idea for Lyon, but that's for when someone else requests him after my list is done. Also, just learned that Travis Willingham won't be voicing Theodore in Persona Q. I now have high expectations for the new guy, whose name I have already forgotten. He better keep up to par with Travis in keeping the moe levels off the charts!))