Memories (Sting Eucliffe)

((A/N: Requested by @SimplyKittyOwO Hope you enjoy!))

"New to the guild, huh? Well, leave it to good ol' ____ to show you around!"

The blond male raised a brow as Lector shrugged.

"This guild isn't that bad. She's probably the only weird one here."

"HEY!"

~~~

"Ha. Looks like granny paired me up with you on today's mission. Just follow my lead and you'll learn the ropes of being a mage in Sabertooth in no time!"

Sting sighed not understanding how this girl was so upbeat. Even Lector couldn't understand!

"When we get back, I'll treat you two newbies to dinner as a way to congratulate you for taking your first mission."

"But it was originally your job."

"That doesn't mean you're not going to help me!"

~~~

"Hey Sting? Granny is gonna be alright, right?"

"...sure. She'll be back on her feet in no time, ____."

"You know, Granny raised me on her own after my gramps died. Before that, it was because my mother died after giving birth to me. Never knew my dad. Granny taught me magic and made me stronger, physically and mentally. I'm not sure what to do when she's gone."

"You stay in Sabertooth, obviously."

Lector nodded.

"Yeah! You're like the sister everyone needs for emotional support! Plus, you're almost as strong as Sting!"

A laugh escaped her lips.

"Almost? Last I checked, I was stronger after you two could subdue a simple, wild boar attacking a village."

"H-Hey! We had it under control!"

She laughed again. A laughter that he never really noticed how special it was to him.

~~~

The guild was silent as they mourned the loss of their master.

"There's that Eucliffe, kid."

"Why does he stick around if he's not an official member yet?"

"I hear it's because he's just a kid and the old woman didn't think he was strong enough to be here."

Sting frowned and walked out with Lector. The harsh words hit him hard.

"Are they talking about you again? They're wrong, you know."

"____, Lector and I are going to leave."

"Huh?"

"We're going to leave and get stronger."

"You're strong right now. Don't listen to them."

"No. I...I've thought about it since your grandmother got sick. The only way for them to acknowledge me is for me to leave for a while. Then, I'll come back and be an official Sabertooth mage."

"...there's nothing I can say to stop you?"

"I'm afraid not. Just try not to get defeated while I'm gone."