Chapter 59

"Let's become his parents!"

Shoyo was dumbfounded.

What did he mean by becoming parents?

For the kitten?

"Parents?........ Us?......"

The Tangerine asked the man whose eyes filled with love and excitement.

Tendō nods his head eagerly and gave the recruit his genuine smile.

"Yes! I'll be the dad, of course, and you will be the mom!"

The man said as he strokes the kitten's fur delicately.

He looks so happy while staring at the animal in his arms.

"I- I'm not sure about that sir...... Maybe his mom, the real mom, is coming......"

The sunshine said as he scratches his neck, not sure what to do if he has to take care of the kitten.

And maybe the kitten's mom will just come back too.

He then hears a sniffle.

The Tangerine looks up and sees that the redhead was looking at him with sad eyes.

Pleading the recruit to say yes.

If Shoyo doesn't have to leave, then maybe he can take care of the little kitten with the redhead.

But sadly, he has to leave tomorrow morning to be exact.

"I- I"

Before the young one could continue, the redhead grabbed his arms and places the kitten on him.

The Tangerine immediately went stiff as the kitten was in his arms.

"Why are you so stiff? Don't you know how to hold an animal before?"

The redhead asked as he squints his eyes while staring at the recruit.

Shoyo nods in agreement as he accepted the fact that he has not held an animal before in his arms, especially a baby animal.

Tendō laughs at his situation as he thinks that the Tangerine looks cute while holding the kitten awkwardly.

"Whatever the case is, this cat needs someone to take care of him. If you think that the mom's coming back, I'm sorry to tell you this but.......... The mother's dead body is beside the kitten when I found him....."

The redhead says as he looks sad as he felt his heart sink.

Shoyo was silent.

So the kitten's mom is dead.

The Tangerine guessed that the man must've been reminded by his past.

Tendō Satori.

Was left in his grandparent's house when his mother and father went through a divorce.

The reason?

Because of the child.

His parents were in a political marriage.

So there was no love in their vows.

His father didn't want any child.

His mother wanted one but not him.

The bloody red eyes.

It reminded the couple of the man who harassed his mother when she was still a young teenager.