Chapter 86

"After all of this... I will... Leave. "

It's been months since the orange head and the soldiers met each other. They've been focusing on their solo missions and other businesses.

But the time seems to go slow for those men who missed seeing their General in the camp. And most of the time they come running at the doorstep at their
Female General just to ask her if the man has arrived or if he's even around anymore.

But they'd always get the same answer.

"No, he's busy."

Over and over again.

But as time passes they've gotten used to the idea that the man no longer is around as they don't see each other every day.

Some took that in maturely as they understood that their positions in the army is different, and so it wouldn't be strange if the man is too busy to come and visit them.

But some seems to have lost hope if they would even have the chance to see the man again.

Including the female General, Kiyoko. She can't lie if she says that she's not worried about the man as well, but she has to set a good example to the soldiers that she trusts the General of the Army.

But from time to time she would say a prayer for the man to be safe as she knew that his missions would be far more difficult and dangerous than the rest of the soldiers, including hers.

And that's because she hasn't received any call from him since he said that he would leave for a while.

For a while.

It's been 4 months since he left for his mission to be exact.

She can still remember the uneasiness she felt that night when the man told her about it.

His voice was cold and distant.

Not his usual tone when he talks to her about his new mission.

It was late at night and the wind was cold as well. She was alone in her office as she was finishing her papers and organising them cleanly when she heard a sudden knock on her door. She knew that it would be the General himself as he has a unique way of knocking.

The door opens quietly as the person steps in calmly as well. Kiyoko stands up to formally greet the man, who also greeted her back and told her to sit down.

"I have to leave, I just recently received about another experimentation going on nearby the city."

His low and quiet voice echoes softly in the room.

"Understood, sir. Then when will you leave General? I would get your things ready immediately."

She answers as she stands up to get the things he would need for his mission. But she suddenly stopped from taking a step as she saw a chilling gaze from the man in front of her.

Even though he wasn't staring directly at her, she could feel that he was still watching her through the reflection of one of the windows behind her.

Silence filled the room as she just hesitates if she takes a step or not but the man suddenly moved and just gave her a calm smile.

"No need to do that. I've already got all things prepared, a just came by to tell you about my departure."

He then waved goodbye as he leaves the room by closing the door behind him quietly. Leaving the woman to sit back down on her chair as she exhales a sigh of relief.