91

"This is bad... Shoyo..."

"Do you think that the General even like us? Maybe he's just pretending because we're his soldiers under his command..."

Lev whispers beside his friend as he follows his leader in front of him.

Kenma glanced at him for a second and kept a straight face, he had those same thoughts as well but he won't admit that. He hates to think that everything that the man did for them was just a facade to keep his profile good.

He sighs mentally as he glared at Lev, the tall man could only whimper from the man's deadly eyes.

Yaku heard their conversation and could only sigh, he looks at their Lieutenant worriedly.

Kuroo may not show any emotion but he can tell that the man was having doubts as well.

In front of their team were the Owls.

Bokuto was talking with their Major General about how he can not wait to see the sunshine's face again.

Akaashi could only stare in front of their path with a deadpan expression, he's thankful that he has an enthusiastic leader but too much is just not right.

He slyly walks faster to catch up to the team in front of them and it was the Colludium corps.

But then he also hears the same conversation they had as well, Lieutenant Terushima was also excited to see the tangerine again.

"Oh, man! I'm so excited to see him brah!"

He says as he makes a fist to keep his excitement intact and not burst out like some fireworks.

Meanwhile, the team who is at the very back of the group is the Mustela corps.

Sakusa was not in the mood to mingle with anyone as it was already night time and he surely doesn't want to get into a fight with some assassins.

He sighs tiredly as he walks uphill through the woods, his cousin, on the other hand, was chuckling to himself like a madman.

Komori was having some flashbacks with the little Tangerine on his mind, he was living his dreamland while being awake at the same time.

He then got grabbed from behind and it made him leap toward his not-in-a-mood cousin, who is now wearing a scowling face that could kill anything and anyone in his way.

Sakusa pushed his cousin away like he was a bug or something and was about to scold him for leaping toward him but he got suddenly met by a throwing knife that was coming toward his face.

He immediately used his excellent reflexes to deflect the knife by using the blade that was on his right leg.

All his senses increase as he looks around the trees to see where the knife came from, he silently steps forwards to protect his cousin from harm.

Komori was still frozen from the shock, he then runs quickly toward his team to warn them about the ambush.

And so Sakusa was left alone until he saw a shadow from behind one of the trees beside him, he then throws a knife toward the assassin but was able to dodge it quickly before it hits the branch of the tree.

He scowls as he searches around him just to see a silhouette moving in the darkness, now he regrets putting back his night-vision goggles inside the bag of his cousin.

'Now where did that runt run off to?...'

He thought as he kept his guard up, he was all left alone as his team are probably now way ahead of him and his cousin left him.

He then hears a rustle of leaves behind him and he instantly turns around and saw the assassin who is now lunging toward him.

The assassin went for the kill as they point the blade toward the soldier who just stands there as if he saw what he was going to do.

He slices horizontally to get a bigger chance to make the man bleed, but Sakusa was able to step back before the edge of the knife touches him.

He then grabs the arm of the assassin and pulls him closer and gives a straight left hook towards their chin.

The impact was so hard that the assassin was instantly knocked out from the strong punch he has taken. Sakusa didn't miss a beat and immediately ties the assassin with the nylon that he has in his pocket.

Good thing that the man was using his right arm to strike him with a blade because his right hook isn't that great compared to his left.

He gives out a long sigh as he looks around him again.

"Weird... Why is there only one assassin?..."

Sakusa then realizes that maybe the others got ambushed as well.

He immediately carries the unconscious man on his shoulders and ran towards where the team is supposed to be.

He thought he was going to see them needing help but he got greeted with a -

"Heya! Looks like the emo kid was just fine."

Terushima says as he stomps a dead body onto the ground, his face got a bit of blood and it was the assassin's blood.

"Where the hell did these rats come from? How did they even find us immediately?"

Kageyama says as he dusts off himself, it's impressive how he didn't have a single drop of blood on him from the three people that he beat up.

"I think they're already in this part of the forest... We can see here in the GPS that we are in the enemy's territory... I guess we got too relaxed..."

Sugawara says as he looks at the GPS in his hand. Lieutenant Ushijima nods his head in agreement as he looks at the white-haired male.

Everyone was just chill as they clean themselves, it didn't matter to them that they got ambushed suddenly as they've been trained a lot for this kind of surprise.

Komori runs toward his cousin and gave a relieved face as he didn't get hurt, and he also felt bad for leaving him.

"Man... My bad... I got scared for a little bit-"

The curly black-haired male glares at his friend who left him just a while ago.

"A little bit my ass..."

He says under his mask just a bit louder to make the other person hear it. Komori felt so bad that he clings to his feet and beg for forgiveness.

The others couldn't care less about the drama but they sure are happy to see a still-alive person on the man's shoulder.

The Leader of the Mustela corps walked toward the two and praises the black-haired male for capturing an assassin that is soon to be questioned.

While the light-browned hair male was still on his drama the Leaders and the female General dragged the assassin's ass onto a secluded place where no enemy can spot them.

A splash of cold water from Bokuto's tumbler was used to make the unconscious man wake up, which worked immediately as he starts to panic seeing some familiar faces.

Especially the woman.

"Tell me where your main headquarters is."

"A dead man will tell you nothing..."

The assassin then bites something inside his mouth which made him have seizures and makes his mouth create a white foam.

The Leaders were speechless and were mad at the same time as they saw their only clue to kill themselves.

"Shit..."

TO BE CONTINUED