First Meet

Arriving at the seaside; Britt went somewhere to check on something, Sander first stop was the kitchen. The drive was exhausting and after a couple hours of sleep, he badly needed some coffee. The coffee maker was empty, there was no sign of food in the cabinets and drawers, nothing except bottled waters in the fridge. The others probably arrived late last night. He was still checking, when from the glass window, he saw Robbe coming from the beach. His stomatch started to churn, sweat gathering in his palm; the door opened.

"Hey?" Robbe looked puzzled, glancing at his patinum hair.

Sander looked him up and down. His hair was disarrayed; there were grain of sands on his face and neck, glittered by the light coming from outside. Sander had to look away for a second for he can feel heat started rising to his face. He didn't want Robbe to see all sort of thoughts that has just crossed his mind. Putting his clammy hands inside his jeans pockets, he leaned on the wall. His mind was in a jumble, what was it that I planned to say? He can not remember.

He blurted out, "Do you know where they keep the coffee?"

"No."

"Or just food in general?"

Robbe shook his head, "No.. have you checked—"

Pushed by nervousness, Sander cut him off, "Seriously, are you the Manager?" What? nothing to do, but keep going now..

Robbe was smiling in confusion now. He looks so cute, Sander thought.

He rambled on, "When I booked this room, I specifically asked for room service. Or is it too much to ask for eh some bacon and eggs or... or baked beans in tomato sauce.. in the morning?...Huh?"

Robbe looked more baffled, frowned, "Umm... uuh..."

Sander took out his phone and pretended to huff in annoyance, "Yeah... that will be zero star on booking..."

"Whhaat?" Robbe looked half angry now, "I am sorry, but who are you again?"

Sander can't help but laugh out loud, "Oh, your face! It's amazing.. Cmmon, we'll go and get some food." He took the key car on the table and went to the door, passing close to Robbe; he can smelled the salt and wind on him.

Robbe was saying, "But Amber said—"

He cut quickly, "Amber is still sleeping. Come on." Well, he hoped they were still sleeping. And Britt could come any second. He stopped walking, because Robbe hasn't moved at all. He probably thinks I am some lunatic.

Sander walked back and offered his hand, said softly, "Sander, btw.."

After a second, Robbe took his hand, "Robbe".

Sander can sense doubt in Robbe's voice. Sander smiled, gestured his head towards the car, "Vámonos". He kept walking, hoping Robbe was following. Halfway to the car, he heard Robbe's footsteps; he grinned.

*

It was only 15 minutes drive to the nearest supermarket. They didn't talk much- just weather and the beach- safe things to say. Sander was afraid he will say something weird again. Robbe didn't look as uncomfortable as Sander thought he would be, with a stranger; especially after his introduction. Okay, I will be calm, just be cool, casual. I can do that.

In the supermarket, Robbe went to the can foods section, and Sander went with the trolley to find the breads. He found them, took as many as he thought was enough for more than ten people. Robbe was checking the rows, when Sander went to find him.