Where are the Answers

Sander woke up with a hangover. He rose dizzily to the bathroom and soaked his face in cold water. He took some aspirins, and drank another glass of water. He went back to lie on the bed. Sander checked his phone and saw a text he had missed from Robbe last night: Want to hang out? Through his headache, he remembered last night and groaned.

Sometime later, he was awaken by some noises. He didn't realise that he had dozed off. His stomach rumbled loudly. He hadn't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon; forcing some cold eggs and bacons down his throat. Minutes passed, he finally got up and went to the kitchen.

His mom was in the sitting room, watching her dramas. Hearing Sander rummaging in the kitchen, she said from the couch, "You miss breakfast again Sander. Lunch is on the table. Where were you last night?"

"Just some party mom." Sander made coffee and forced himself to eat slowly. He drank more coffee.

After taking a bath, he grabbed his camera and stuff, put in a bag and walked out from his room. His phone rang, Britt was calling him. He ignored it.

"Mom, I am going out. You need something?"

His mom's eyes was still glued on the TV, she said, "No honey. Be careful out there."

"Roger. Bye mom."

Sander didn't really have any plan, so he just started walking. His phone rang again and Sander ignored it. It's
possible that Britt might came to his house, so he texted her: Can't talk. Family gathering at my uncle's. He didn't bother to check her replies.

*

Half hour later, he was sitting on a bench in a park, letting the sun basked on his skin, looking at people. He took out his phone and texted Robbe: Sorry, I missed your text last night. He spent the rest of afternoon just walking around, taking pictures, drawing random things and people. Watching them, the sky and trees; trying to find answers in them, hoping they could gave him some courage. He left after the sun set, and went home.

Robbe hadn't replied his message and he didn't text him anything else. He ignored all of Britt's texts. He still didn't know what to do with her, with any of this. Around ten, he received a text from Robbe: I saw you last night. With Britt.

"Fuck.."

He had seen him, kissing Britt probably. He had hurt him again. After the attack, he just went and did that to him. He wanted so bad to protect him, but instead he just hurt him more. There was nothing that he could said, that didn't make him sound like an awful liar or a fuck boy. He turned off his phone and closed his eyes; wishing for sleep to take him away.