Croque

Noor was in the kitchen when they came in. She was drinking something yellowish from a glass, looking down at the counter; she looked pale. Sander looked at Robbe, but he didn't say anything. A girl with a dark blonde hair came in, started taking out their groceries.

"Did you buy anything I asked you to?" she asked in an irritated, disbelief voice. Oh, Amber then, Sander concluded. He took out the bread, ham and cheese, started putting them on plates.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Noor asked her.

"Did you have to get so drunk?" Amber replied mercilessly.

Noor gave her a look and walked out from the kitchen.

"I sent you a list!" Amber said to Robbe.

Sander turned around, "Was coffee on the list?" That was like the most important thing, how could anyone go on without coffee?

Ignoring him, Amber said, "I can't cook with these."

"That works out great," taking her shoulder, he turned her around, out from the kitchen, "We will do the cooking."

"But I want something healthy", she glared at him.

"Of course!" Sander ushered her out.

"Really?"

"Promise!" Sander didn't mean it, he just wanted to get her out.

He turned around, grinning triumphantly at Robbe, "And now it's our turn."

Sander clapped his hand happily, took out his phone and put on some music. He turned down the volume enough as a soft background, and went back putting ham and cheese over the bread he's making.

Robbe stood beside him, "What are we making?"

He smiled, "Croque."

"Croque?"

When Sander just hummed a positive, Robbe laughed in protest, "But Amber just said to make something healthy."

Sander huffed and looked around, "Uhmm yaa.."

He grabbed a bottle of tomato sauce. "Voila! Tomatoes! Fixed it." He put it on the counter and went back to his croques.

He can see that Robbe is grinning at him. He's layering butter on the back of breads, when he noticed Robbe's frown.

"Yeah, for a good crunch." He looked at Robbe, "Maybe grab a pan."

"Ehmm," Robbe started to look around and opening cabinets. He ended up crouching near his legs, at the cupboard under the counter. Sander was concious that he was standing in front of them.

Robbe looked up, "Sorry, can I just?"

Sander took a step back, watching Robbe took out the pan. Robbe looked up at him for a second before standing up. He put it on the stove, touching the knobs doubtfully and looking under the stove. He looked like he had no idea what to do.

Chuckling a bit, Sander reached toward the on/off button, "You have to push the button here."

He was standing so close to him, Robbe's head was below his chin. He felt the heat radiating from his body. When Robbe straighten up, his hair tingled his neck and his chin. A pleasant shiver run from there, through his body, to the tip of his toes and fingers. Robbe's soft black eyes was looking into his. Sander noticed his long eye lashes, the tinge of deep brown— the color of dark tea— at the inside ring of his eyes. He felt Robbe's warm breath brushed his cheek. Something passed between them; he looked at his lips. They both smiled and Sander moved back to the plates. His hand was shaking, he hoped Robbe didn't see it. He hummed to the music to calm himself. At that moment, Under Pressure's opening note started to play from his phone. He used a knife to put a croque on the pan.