Bribe the Teacher

In the afternoon of the double date's day, he was hanging around in Britt's room. She just went to take a shower. Sander looked around the room, to the cream painted walls; pictures of her and her friends, photos of them sticked to the mirror's frame and wardrobe's door. The desk was tidy, some school books, a lamp, and a framed photo of her family arranged neatly. He looked back at their picture together that was taken on their first date. He thought of Robbe.

Taking out his phone, he sent him a Bowie playlist with a text Coolest Bowie Playlist Ever. He had prepared the playlist for quite sometime now, but always hesitated to send it. After less than five minutes, Sander shrugged his shoulders and pressed on the video call button.

When Robbe's smile appeared on his screen, a grin spontaneously split his face.

"Hey." Robbe said.

Sander could heard Space Oddity playing on the background. That was fast, Sander thought gleefully.

"Hey, you got started already! Cool list, right?"

"Yeah, nice."

"It's the one for beginners though."

Chuckling Robbe said, "What do you mean? When do I got permission to the advanced one?"

Sander grinned, "Ehhm, when you passed your first Bowie exam."

Robbe smiled wider, "Is it a difficult exam?"

Sander answered in mock-serious tone, "Extremely difficult."

Laughing Robbe replied, "I'll have to study then."

"Or you could try bribing the teacher," he said with a weight in his voice this time.

Robbe paused for a second. "Is that a risk I should be taking?"

"I'll give you some pointers at the pub later if you want."

Robbe was about to answer when Britt's voice came from behind.

"Who are you talking to?"

He turned his head to her, "Robbe."

Wearing a bathrobe, Britt came to the phone, "Ah. See you later Robbe."

Robbe answered her, "Yo."

Sander was uncomfortable now. He looked back at him. "I gotta go. Ciao."

"Ciao."

"See you later." He smiled at him and ended the call. He sighed quietly to himself.

Britt was standing in front of her open wardrobe, rummaging through the clothes.

Out of nowhere she said, "You've taken your medication today right?"

Sander looked up from his phone. "Are you serious right now Britt?"

Britt turned her head, "I am just checking Sander, relax."

Sander replied with a tone dripped in acid, "Don't worry. I won't embarrass you."

Ignoring his tone, she said, "Just don't drink too much okay."

"You are unbelievable."

She turned her full body to him now. "We are helping Noor out right? I just don't want we to mess things up."

"You mean me." Sander said in a cold voice.

Britt walked to him and wrapped her ams around his neck. "That's not what I meant babe. I am just checking in, that's all. Am I not a good girlfriend?" She hugged him and kissed his mouth. After a while, Sander nodded his head lightly. He gave her a smile and she went back picking her clothes; chattering nonsense.