S'more

It was around eight o'clock at night, and everyone was sitting around a campfire. Sander had fixed thing with Britt. Fixed; what a word. When he felt like pieces of mismatched shards inside. He had found Britt sitting on the bed alone in the couple room. He had crouched in front of her.

"Are you okay?"

Britt had said angrily, "What do you think?!"

And Sander had said genuinely, "I am sorry. I am really sorry. I didn't know what come over me. I was stupid I know. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Britt was quiet. Sander had stroked her hand gently and waited. Finally Britt looked at him and asked, "Did you forget to take your medication?"

Sander didn't, but he had said, "Ya, I forget to take them today. I really am sorry that I've hurt you."

They made up after that. Britt had wanted to have sex and Sander had given in. He felt disgusted with himself; he felt relief and grateful. Britt still loves him, and that should be enough.

Now, sitting next to each other, Britt was talking and kissing his hair, his face; Sander found himself feeding her marshmallows, smiling at her.

Sander saw Aaron walked away and sat by himself, almost in the dark. Shortly after, he saw Robbe got up and went to him. Sander pretended to look down at the ground, hiding his approving smile. He stopped himself. He turned back to his girlfriend and kissed her cheek.

"Do you guys know how to make s'mores?" Aaron had came back and was sitting beside Amber.

Amber smiled, "No."

"Like the American series, I'll show you."

Aaron took a stick with marshmallow and moved to the campfire. "So, you have to keep this above the fire. You take two biscuits."

He took the biscuits and wrapped them around the marshmallow, "One underneath and one on top. There you go."

He offered it to Amber, "Wanna try?"

Amber looked at him, "Seriously? Do you know how many calories that has?"

Aaron looked confused. Amber snorted in annoyance, got up and went away.

The smore hanged from his limp hand, Aaron looked miserable. Sander wanted to tell him that it was a lost cause, but he also felt like he understood what it was like for Aaron. To not be able to stop how you felt about someone, even it made you miserable and looked like a fool. Sander glanced at Robbe and looked away quickly. From across him, Luca quietly took the smore from Aaaron and ate it.

"That tastes nice dude. Wanna try?"

"No, thanks."

Sander smiled and looked back at Britt. There was happiness in her eyes, the glow of the campfire shone on one side of her face. She looked young, not angry or annoyed like the way she had been lately. She looked kind, without that hidden insult, or patronizing gaze she often gave him. She was as beautiful as the first time he saw her.

There were pieces of biscuit at the corner of her mouth. "You got something there." Sander told her but gestured to the wrong side of her mouth. She touched the side that he pointed at and Sander laughed.

"Here." Sander leaned in and wiped it slowly with his thumb. He moved his thumb across her lips gently, feeling the smile stretch on her face. He hugged her body to him and kissed her.