Prank

The night was cool; Everyone agreed to drag out chairs and chiling around the campfire. They shared chips and drank beers; occasionaly toasting on whatever people suggested at the moment. It was getting late and people had been wandering in and out, conversed in small groups.

Suddenly from the far side corner of their rooms, there were loud yells. Sander looked up. He saw the back of Robbe's brown jacket near the ice freezer. Half of Aaron's body was inside the freezer. He was screaming with his phone in his hand, the camera was facing Robbe. They were throwing prank again. They had been doing that for days, throwing pranks on the others for their videos. Some of the girls were already getting so pissed off. Sander didn't mind much, he thought some of their pranks were actually really funny.

"Fucking hell man!" Robbe was yelling.

Moyo and Jens were also holding their phones out from behind him.

Robbe yelled louder, "This really isn't funny okay? Just stop! First this shit with my parents and now this. Really. Fuck off!"

Robbe was seriously pissed off. He walked away, and there was a loud sound of slamming door from inside. There was a confused silence. Noor and Amber came out from their rooms.

"What happened?" Noor asked.

Jens said, "I don't know. Nothing." He looked at Aaron and Moyo, the three of them stared at each others in confusion and embarrassment.

"Honestly.." Amber shaked her head, looking disgusted. She and Noor went back into their room.

Sander was annoyed with them now, but he was also confused. Robbe's reaction seemed a bit off. And what's with his parents?

He thought about this, staring at the closed door. When he turned his head back, he noticed that Zoe was looking at him. Sander often felt uneasy around her. She sometimes gazed at people with a look in her eyes, like she was reading into them. He had a vague feeling that she was doing it with him now.

Sander tried to sound as natural as possible when he asked her, "What was that about his parents?"

Zoe didn't say anything for a second. Then she answered, "Their parents were seperating. He's living with me and my friend in a flat."

It explained why Robbe often looked sad and quiet. He sensed that there was something more though. But Sander didn't dare to ask. He didn't want to look like he was prying too much. Zoe was still looking at him. Sander was unnerved by her. If there was anyone there who could guessed his feelings towards Robbe, it would be her.

She said again, "I can't tell you anything more. It's not my place."

Sander nodded and smiled casually. He pretended that he had lost interest and turned back to Britt.