What A Psycho

Sander was in high spirit, he was ecstatic, he felt weightless, like he didn't even need legs because he was floating above the ground. Not even Britt occasional taunting texts could took the sun from his core. She texted him like they were still together, like she thought it was just his illness. At first, Sander repeated again that it was over between them, but she wouldn't replied to it. But after a while, she would texted him again, sometimes bringing up his BD to goad him or whatever. In the end, he just ignored her. On Monday morning, she sent him a text: Let's go for a coffee this afternoon. Sander started to wonder whether she had delusional issue or something. He texted her back: I told you we are done. Just stop contacting me. I am not going to reply to you anymore.

*

That Tuesday afternoon, Sander wanted to surprise Robbe, so he went to his school to pick him up. They texted often, but they both had school, and friends, and stuff. Words were never really how they communicated anyway. They hung out shortly yesterday at a cafe, but Sander still missed him every second he didn't see him. He was waiting, leaning on the wall outside the building near the front door, when Robbe passed, wearing a red wool hat that complimented his skin.

Sander smiled in pure joy and called out, "Hey."

Robbe turned and smiled broadly with cheeks dimpled, "Hey," he chuckled, "What are you doing here?"

Sander grinned, pulled his arms to him and kissed him. Robbe let him but he was drawing his body a bit, away from him, and glancing around uncomfortably.

Sander didn't let go of him. "What? Can't people know that we are together, perhaps?"

"They can, but.." Robbe still glanced left and right. Why is he so uncomfortable? Wouldn't he want people to know?Sander wanted the whole world to know.

He said and really meant it, "I'll shout it from the rooftops if you want." In fact, that's a brilliant idea, let everyone see how joyful, how wonderful he feels. He had so much love in him, he wanted to share it with everyone.

Sander backed up a bit, raised both of his arms, and bellowed, "People! That handsome—"

Robbe grabbed his shirt and covered his mouth with his hand, "Sander, okay, okay. It's all right."

Sander subsided and Robbe lowered his hand down. Sander kissed him and this time Robbe kissed him back.

They were still kissing when someone grabbed his arm, and turned him away. He felt a sting on his left cheek.

"Asshole!" Britt just slapped him. Sander was more surprised than hurt.

He stared at her disbelievingly. She just slapped him in front of Robbe and her school friends.

She turned to Robbe and said, "And you, stay away from my boyfriend, okay!"

What the fuck!

She grabbed his hand to pull him away, and Sander just couldn't had it anymore.

He snatched his hand away, "Fuck off ya! We are done."

Britt stared at him.

He gestured with his hands in front of her and shouted exasperately, "How many more times do I have to tell you before you get it?"

Britt looked angry, incredulous and hurt by his outburst. Sander had never yelled at her before, but she was beyond ridiculous, and he was sick of her.

"It's over. Done. End. Get it?!" He yelled angrily.

"What?" A change came over her face, a mixture of confusion and uncertainty, like she realised now that Sander had been serious.

Unbelievable.

She had the nerve to turn to Robbe and said, "Do you—"

"Come." Sander hurriedly took Robbe's hand, and walked away with him before she could said more.

Sander was furious. How dare she. She was just about to out him in front of everyone. And she said she love him?

Sander muttered, "What a psycho."

Robbe, walking beside him, said, "She didn't seem to know that—"

"I've told her and texted her a thousand times! What the fuck man!"

He didn't realise that he was still yelling, until Robbe took his arm and said, "Okay, okay, calm down."

Sander huffed in annoyance, "Glad that I got rid of her."

He felt Robbe hand on his back, stroking him soothingly. They kept walking for a while, Robbe kept his hand on his back. Sander exhaled out the rage from his body. I am not letting her ruining my happiness.

Smiling to Robbe, he said, "How's the exam? Slay them?"

Robbe grimaced, "More like they slayed me to pieces."

"That bad?"

Robbe chuckled, "Not really. Maths is never my strong suit anyway. But I am pretty sure I pass."

Sander said, "Of course you do! Nothing beats Robbe IJzermans that easily." He grinned and said, "I have one hundred percent faith in him."

Robbe smiled shyly and shoved him playfully.

Sander laughed. "So, where you want to go? Or you want to go home and study?"

"No, it's early, we can hang out for a while. Let's go to my place."

Grinning, Sander threw an arm across his shoulders, "Okay."