Exhaustion

When Sander opened the bathroom door, his mom was standing on the hall; waiting for him. He took a look at her face, at her wringing hands, and a warmth seeped into him. He hugged her tightly and breathed her in; she smelled of shampoo and spices and love.

"Thanks for picking me up mom."

"Oh sweetie.." She rubbed his back gently and stroked his hair.

"It's okay mom. I am just tired, nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure? You want me to call your therapist and make an appointment?"

"No mom. I don't need to. I am not in.." one of my episode, Sander finished inside his head.

But her mom understood him, though she still looked doubtful.

"I just need to rest, that's all. I want to be alone mom, please.."

She looked at him again and when he thought she was about to argue again, Sander turned and walked to his room. He locked the door quietly and leant on it. He heard his mom footsteps went away. He put on a clean shirt and was about to drop onto his bed, when he heard the door handle pushed from outside.

"Sander? We promised you will keep the door unlocked if you were not well, remember?"

Sander sighed tiredly, but he got up and unlocked the door.

Her mom walked in with a glass of milk and his medication bottles. He walked to the bed, and slipped inside the bedcover and blanket, pooling it around him like a cocoon. His mom sat down beside him on the bed. Sander quietly took the pills and drank down the warm milk. He felt the warmth flowed into him and the exhaustion took over then. Her mom took the empty glass from him and Sander laid down on his back, closing his eyes. He felt the brush of lips on his forehead before he drifted off.