Will You Come Back?

Robbe stayed with him, he was dimly awared of his constant presence near him in the room. Robbe had helped him gathered all his stuffs and they went back to Robbe's flat. Sander distinctly remembered the boy helping him undressed and put him to bed through the cloudiness of his exhaustion. Soft and weak, warm and spent, Sander succumbed to sleep.

Some time through his drowsiness, he mumbled, "My mom, I have to..", sluggishly trying to find his phone.

But he caught Robbe's voice saying softly, "Don't worry, I've taken care of it." He felt the cover around him tucked closer to his body and soft brush of lips on his forehead. Sander drifted off again.

*

He was half-awoken by some kind of alarm sound. It stopped, and he felt Robbe's fingers stroking his hand gently. Sander had been sleeping against Robbe's back, his arm dropped around him, he hugged him closer. They stayed like that, and he was about to doze off again, when he felt Robbe detached himself slowly from him. A light kiss on his cheek.

There was something important, something that he needed to know. Heavy-eyed, he asked softly, "Are you going to leave me behind?"

"No.." Footsteps coming back to the bed. Robbe was looking down into him, "Not in this universe."

"Where are you going?"

"To school. I've got an exam." Robbe kissed him. It must be morning then.

Sander whispered, "Will you come back?"

Robbe seemed to know what he meant, because he answered, "Always." And he kissed him again.

Sander felt the assurance written in it, soft and true.

He murmured, "Good luck."

Robbe whispered, "Thank you."

Smiling inside, Sander closed his eyes again.

*

"A research facility?" Sander pondered aloud, holding a cup of hot chocolate in his hands, and looking down at the board.

He was playing a board game with Milan in their sitting room that afternoon. Milan had come into the kitchen when Sander was eating, chatting with him for a while. Sander appreciated Milan didn't bring up anything about his BD, just asked how he was casually. He went away again after that. Sander had called his mom, telling her that he would stayed for a little while with Robbe. They talked shortly, his mom sounded glad and relieved. Turned out his mom had gotten Robbe's number from Britt and contacted him when she couldn't reached Sander. After that, Sander made an appointment with his psychiatrist for tomorrow. Some time later when Sander was just hanging around in their sitting room, drinking hot chocolate, Milan had come in and asked him to play a board game with him because he was bored and having nothing else to do. Sander was feeling better, and he knew what Milan was up to, so he had said yes.

"Yes!" Milan agreed.

"I'm not sure.." Sander said uncertainly, sitting on the carpet.

"I don't know!" Milan cackled.

"Okay, but I'll put it in the middle here somewhere."

"Oh, no! Okay, where are we supposed to.." Milan was holding another piece, his hand hovering uncertainly over the board.

"We're really.." Sander trailed off, shaking his head and chucking a little.

Milan was laughing, "We're really not very good at this."

"I'm not really sure anymore either."

"Me neither."

"Hey. Looks cosy over here." Sander looked up to the sound of Robbe's voice and he smiled.

"It sure is," Milan chuckled.

Robbe came in.

"Did you ask Milan to babysit me?" Sander asked Robbe.

Robbe answered, "I would never do that, Sander." Sander didn't buy it and smiled a laugh at him.

"Babysit? Me?" Milan asked with a surprise face, but Sander didn't buy it either and flashed him a smile.

Milan chuckled and said, "No."

Robbe came to sit down on the sofa behind him. He ruffled his hair softly.

Milan was smiling and saying lightly, "But he was very good and took all his pills."

"Thank you." Robbe replied.

Sander felt Robbe's arms hugging him from behind and his body instantly melted into that comfort. He looked up and said, "You are an angel." My angel.

They kissed shortly and he basked in the touch of Robbe's lips on his forehead and the top of his hair. Robbe's arms settled comfortably around his neck.

After a couple second of collecting himself together, Sander focused back to the game, "Okay.."

"Who's winning?" Robbe asked.

Sander said, "I am." He looked at Milan, "I mean, we are. Or that's how it supposed to go." He chuckled.

Milan, looking back at the game, giggled, "I think the virus is winning, mainly, because I'm afraid the world is already dead."

They chuckled with him.