Falling

It had been five days since the trip and his thoughts was in a confused tangle of intertwined mess. The group had posted a lot of pictures from the trip and the party, they had tagged everyone. Sander had easily found Robbe's instagram and followed him. Robbe had followed him back immediately. He thought of messaging him, but instead he texted Noor. Hey Noor! Could you give me Robbe's number? I need to ask him something. He didn't think there is anything suspicious in that, and Noor had given him the number without any question. His finger hovered above Robbe's contact, but days passed and he never did anything more than that.

Sander had gone through his normal routines with the constant thought of Robbe in the back of his mind. His head was full of him; his laughs, the brushes of their skins, the warmth of his body; his intense eyes before they almost kissed. There was an aching knot in his stomatch when he thought of that interupted moment. Sander was sure there was something between them; the sparks were real. It was more than that though, he felt comforted by him; his soft smiles, by his words. He yearned to see him again, to touch him. But all he had been doing was scrolling through Robbe's posts. Like a stupid kid. Maybe I could got a skate board, and ask him to teach me. That would be fun. But Sander was also scared of seeing him again. He felt like he was falling too fast; he wanted to grip on something; he felt like letting go.

*

This morning, he woke up from a wild dream with Robbe in it. He had ended up on the floor; laughing like a maniac. By midday, he decided that he had enough. He would just went to the skatepark later. At the afternoon, with nervous expectation in his steps, he crossed through the park. Sitting on the wall, talking, at the other side from where he was walking were Jens, Moyo and Aaron. He couldn't find Robbe anywhere. They didn't see him. He was thinking of going to them when he saw Noor approached them. They talked for a while, then Noor waved goodbye and walked toward the park's entrance. Sander took a split second decision and walked quickly towards her. He called her from some paces behind her. She turned back.

"Oh hey Sander."

Slowing down, he smiled at her, "Hi Noor."

"What are you doing here? I don't know that you also skate?"

"Oh no, I don't. I was only taking pictures." Sander waved an arm to indicate the people skateboarding in the park.

He asked casually, "How about you? Meeting up with Robbe?"

Noor's face fell; She looked upset. "No, he is not here. I don't know where he is. Maybe at home."

"Oh.." Sander hesitated, but he asked gently, "Are you guys fighting?"

Noor looked away.

"Sorry, you don't have to answer. It's not my bussiness.. you just look upset.."

Noor looked down at the ground. Sander was thinking to just let it go when she said, "It just.. he had been distant with me lately. We are good one second and then he hardly reply my texts. I just don't understand."

Sander thought about this and an idea occured to him. "How about this.. Britt and I are going to a pub the day after tomorrow. We can do a double date. Maybe it could help?"

Noor looked at him; thinking. She said hesitantly, "I don't know. He probably going to ignore me again."

"Hm, I don't know. But I don't think so. Anyway, maybe he will be more relax if there are other people. I could ask him?"

Noor looked doubtful but then a cheerful smile broke her face. "No, I will ask him myself. You are right, it can works. Thanks Sander."

Sander smiled back and they said good bye. Sander felt guilty but that feeling was overwhelmed by his excitement. He thought about what Noor told him. It hadn't been going well between the two of them. Sander wanted to believe that it was because of what happened between them. He felt scared by this, but at the same time a rush of joy filled him. He texted Britt about the double date.