Let's Dance

The music was so loud and the place was crowded. He could not remembered whether it was his third cup or fifth, and he didn't care. He just wanted to not think. The booming music rattled in his ear, through the floor to his chest and head. Someone dropped on the sofa beside him. Sander turned his head.

"Hey honey!"

"Britt."

"Why don't you tell me you are coming? I miss you, babe." Britt said loudly to be heard and scooted to him, hugging his body.

"Britt.." But Sander didn't push her away.

"Cmmon Sander, don't be like that anymore." She put her head on his chest and wrapped her arm around him.

She kissed the side of his neck and whispered in his ear, "I love you."

Her body was warm and it felt good. He looked at her bright eyes and her smile, felt the closeness of her and said, "Let's dance."

Britt smiled broader and took his arm, she lead him to the dance floor. They didn't say anything anymore, not that they could heard each other over the music. At some point, Sander found himself kissing her, feeling the grip of her hand in his hair and back.

He didn't know how long they danced and drunk, when Britt said something and started dragging him out of the room. When they were outside, she pressed him to the wall and kissed him, her hand was on his waist, pushing him to her.

"Let's go to my place," her voice was slightly hoarse.

Something in what she said smacked him sober. He let go of her.

"What am I doing.." he muttered to himself and ran his hands over his face in frustation.

"What did you say?" Britt looked at him, frowning at his sudden change.

He looked at her, and knew that he had landed himself in such a mess, again.

"It's late, I just remember, that I told my mom that I will be back early."

"It's Saturday night Sander."

"I—"

"Why are you doing this again?" She cut him off angrily.

"Doing what? I just have to get home early. I'll take you home okay? We will talk again tomorrow."

"You are lying. What is it again this time?"

"Britt.."

"Where is Robbe? Why aren't you with him? Bored with him already?"

Sander didn't answer.

"Or did he run away? When you told him about your illness?"

Sander flinched.

Britt looked at him and said, "Does he even know?"

Sander kept silence.

Britt continued mercilessly, "You think he will stick around like me? Do you think anyone will?"

"I am not doing this now."

For some reasons or maybe Britt saw something in his face, she shrugged and said, "I am not going home yet. You can go. But we will talk again tomorrow."

Sander just nodded and left.