Chapter 9

Chapter 9

One hurtful word can make me cry. Lame jokes could make me laugh. A simple complement can make me feel appreciated. One sorry and you are instantly forgiven.

And a grocery shopping and a dinner spent with Hayes makes my heart full. It makes me happy.

I am a soft hearted person. But it doesn't make me look like a shallow one. Ano naman kung mababaw ako sa lahat ng bagay? It doesn't make me less of a person.

Being a soft hearted person is okay. Fragile? Sensitive? So what? Ang mahalaga wala akong inaapakang tao.

Ang araw na iyon ay napaka halaga sa akin. Kahit sa saglit na oras ay naging iba ang trato sa akin ni Hayes. Ayos na sa akin iyon. Umuwi din naman kami pag katapos kumain at wala na ulit pansinan sa bahay. Balik na ulit kami sa dati.

"Bea, what was that all about?" naguguluhang tanong ni Zoe.

I don't want to spoil my mood. I am still happy for that dinner. Remembering about what happened before that dinner and Zoe being this naughty, I came back to reality. Reality where it was just a one day happiness with him.

Even how meaningful it was for me, it was just a simple dinner for him.

She is still at it. She wants to know about what she have heard the last time. I know that she's curious but I think Hayes' cheating issue is not for me to tell about. Ayoko na sa akin pa mag mula, na parang ako pa ang nag pakalat.

Levi is just quietly sitting beside his chair, looking annoyed at Zoe. I can see in his eyes that he is also curious but unlike Zoe he doesn't want to meddle or open the topic. But maybe Liam already said everything to him? Maybe he knows more of the story more than what I already know.

"Zoe, let's just not talk about it, okay?" I pleaded.

She looked at me. She sighed and pouted, sign of being defeated.

"Fine! But if you've got a problem, I am here for you. A'ight?" she said.

I smiled and nodded. She is just being concerned. And that's what I love about her. Even how frank she talks, not minding if people would get offended by her words, she knows when to shut her mouth. Even how rugged she can be towards you, it is her way to show her love. And even how she wants to gossip about things, she knows how to give you the privacy you've asked for.

Yet I can't just expose Hayes for doing such a sin. Maybe not now. Not now that I can still handle the pain alone. Not now that I am still hoping for him to change. And I don't want people to pity me with my current situation. I don't want them to judge my decisions.

Just not now.

"Alright." I answered.

"If the situation gets worse, don't hesitate to come to me, huh?" she said, very concerned.

I nodded. "Okay, Zoe. Don't worry. Thank you."

It was  a one hell week. Masyadong maraming kailangan tapusin at ipasa. Liam, Zoe and I studied and finished our school works altogether. I really don't know how to surpass the week without the two of them. They are really a big help to me.

My phone rang. Inaantok pa ay sinagot ko din naman iyon.

"Bea! Oh my gosh, I miss you." she shouted on the other line, seems very excited to talk to me.

Medyo inilayo ko muna ang phone sa aking tainga dahil sa pag sigaw niya. Umupo ako sa kama at biglang tuluyan na nagising ang diwa sa kanyang boses.

"I miss you too Scarlett. How are you?" I asked.

Ang tagal ko na rin pala siyang hindi nakikita. Ganoon din si Hazel. Hindi na kami masyadong nakakapag kita at usap na tatlo. Busy na rin naman kasi kami sa mga sarili naming pag aaral.