Epilogue

Hayes POV

I never really liked her at first. I was annoyed with her presence. I don't really like her being in our house every damn time and getting the attention of my family. Especially my lola.

I am a lola's boy. There's no problem with that so don't judge me. Lola was the one who's there since when I was a child. Mom and Dad were busy with work but at the same time can make time with us. But not the same as lola. Mas nakasama at naging close ko siya hanggang sa lumaki na ako.

And eversince I was a child, she's always in our house because of Scarlett. I am her brother's friend but not hers. She's stealing my grandma's attention from me. Lola really loves her and treated her as her own grandchild. I was so jealous. I was a child back then, okay? So, that's when I started to hate her. I grew up hating her.

When she was in highschool, I already noticed her feelings for me. I was ignoring it because I don't like the idea of her liking me. My family wants her for me, especially lola. But unlucky her, only my family who wants her not me. And I love someone else. I have Dahlia.

She really knows how to make me hate her more. Lola wants me to marry her, to make her part of our family. To let me carry her our name.

"Apo, I have a last wish. Can you grant it? For me, hmm?" nanghihina niyang sabi.

"Lola, don't say that. You will survive, okay?" I said, giving her hope.

She weakly smiled and shook her head. "Can you grant my wish?" she asked again.

"Lola-"

"Please?" she pleaded. I inhaled deeply and hesitantly nodded.

"Okay, I will. W-What is it, la?" I stuttered. It feels like she's saying her goodbye to me.

"I want Bea for you, apo. I want you to marry her and be with her for the rest of your life. She's worth it, Hayes. Bea is the best catch. And I think, I can only be at peace knowing that I left you with someone I can trust." she weakly said.

"But Lola, I have my girlfriend. If you want, you can ask me for another wish." I said.

She shook her head. "That's my only and last wish. Marry her, Hayes."

"I don't love her."

"You'll eventually love her, believe me. Please? Promise me, apo." she pleaded.

No. I don't lover her so why would I marry her? But it's Lola who's asking me. I love Lola and I dont want to disappoint her. Even how weakly she is, ito pa rin iyong sinabi niya. Ito pa rin iyong pinilit niya sa akin. I want to ask her why. I want to ask her why she's forcing this. But she's too weak, I don't want to give her more complications.

I nodded. "Okay." maikli kong sagot.

"And kay Scarlett, ikaw na ang bahala sa kapatid mo pati sa mga magulang mo. Hindi mo naman bibiguin si lola diba?" aniya.

The moment I nodded my head, she closed her eyes and didn't open it again. She's gone for good. I really mourned for her death. She was like a real mother to me. She's the best grandma.

"Kumain ka na ba?" mahina niyang tanong. I am sitting in this swing and she suddenly came here.

It's Lola's last day of wake. Dahlia is with me for the whole time but it's not enough for me. Her comfort can't take away my pain from lola's death.

I didn't look at her. But she's too persistent. Nandito ako para magpa hangin at magisip tungkol sa last wish ni Lola hindi para makipag usap sakanya. She offered me the sandwich she's holding and I looked at it.