CHAPTER 2: Wade

Ugh, why does school have to start so early?! It makes me despise the place even more. I can't believe I agreed to going. It isn't like I'm going to college or anything. But I know I had promised my dad that I would try and do better. Not to mention, it would have made my mother happy also.

Thankfully, this is my Senior year and then I can go off to England where I have always wanted to live and finally do what I want to without having my dad breathing down my damn neck.

My mother was from England and unfortunately, was killed in an accident when I was eight years old and I have missed her ever since.

I was close to her more than I was my father. He had always been away a lot for business and it would mostly be just her and I. She was a very gifted person and had a huge heart.

Since my father was from the states though, my father uprooted me from there a few weeks after my mother died and we began travelling around the world practically for his job, until we finally landed here in this small town.

The thing that bothers me the most from leaving England behind though was that throughout the years, it seems for some reason, my mother's family had seemed to stop staying in contact with me. For a while, I felt like I had nobody.

Then just a couple of years ago, I got back in touch with my best friends from back in the UK. They are the only ones I trust and who my father has allowed to stay with us. We have been good friends since we were kids and are practically like brothers, in a way.

After they turned sixteen, they asked their parents if they could come and stay with me and thankfully they had agreed and have been travelling and living with my dad and I ever since.

I'm glad they have too because without them, I don't know how I would have been able to get through the shit I have been through including all of the challenges in my life I had encountered.

Besides, since my father is always gone for business, it's nice to not feel alone. When we did arrive here not too long ago, I made friends easily-in fact, I always do. I have never had a problem making friends but I am picky at who I let into our 'inner circle'.

Throughout the years I had grown accustomed to minding my own business and ignoring all the rumors that always are started just because I want to keep my distance and never get close to anyone.

I don't get close because I know I would never see them again. So I figure what's the point.

I have to admit though that I do enjoy giving the impression that I am a trouble maker because it helps with keeping the distance and I don't believe in relationships because the few girlfriends I had ever had in my life all cheated on me anyways so I just hook up when I want to and so far it has been one of the popular girls of the school.

This morning when looking in the cupboards for some cereal, I noticed our cabinets were bare and had nothing in them and same for inside the fridge. So me and the guys all headed towards the store.

Dana greeted us and we just nodded back then started gathering things and we stopped when one of my friends, Jimmy, answered a text from some girl he has been talking to and we started teasing him a little bit.

While making jokes, I noticed out the corner of my eye a girl from school, I think her name was Jamie? Jayne? Not sure really but she seems to be gawking at me.

When I look at her, she quickly shakes her head and looks away and then begins walking off.

After we finished, we headed towards Dana's lane so we got her discount and standing there getting checked out was that girl.

While the guys started loading the thing where you put the groceries onto, I noticed she was trying to hide herself from looking at me.

Next I heard one of my friends comment about 'chips' and that seemed to have upset her for some reason or something because she quickly took the receipt from Dana and grabbed the bags then started heading out.

I wondered what her problem was. Not that I have paid much attention to her before but, oh well.

After we finished, we headed back to the house and hung out for the rest of the day.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)