CHAPTER 46: Wade

I had no clue in what was happening with Jayne and what she was dreaming. At first I thought that maybe she was having a nightmare by the way she was tossing and turning next to me and what sounded like crying. That was until I noticed her chest starting to be pushed down in the middle.

What the fuck?! I have never seen this before. What the hell was going on?!

I started to freak out even more when I couldn't wake her up so I ran quickly to get my Aunt and dad who immediately had come rushing in.

The moment they saw her chest they started to panic and worry. So Aunt Elizabeth had gone to fetch one of her friends that came to help us who also happened to be a doctor.

We were lucky that they brought their supplies so that we didn't have to wait for someone else to come check her.

"Please tell me she's gonna be okay!" I told the doctor while fighting back tears.

"Don't worry. I'll do everything I can." He says.

Right away, he wastes no time in starting to check her pulse, then heartbeat, along with her chest and continued until he finally finished, nearly an hour later, while he had us all stand and wait outside.

I couldn't help but pace back and forth in front of the door while growing impatient by the minute.

The door opened up and the look upon his face was worrying.

"What is it?" I asked him.

He took a moment and shook his head but then looked at us then back at me apologetically.

"She's going to be okay. But...." He stops himself.

"But what?" I asked all choked up.

"All of the abilities you had given her, when you bonded, they were ripped from her. She told me she dreamt of your grandfather coming to her and ripped something from her chest. And I believe that's what it was." He says.

All I heard were gasps from everybody while I stood there in utter shock. How could he have ever gotten into her dreams? Can he really enter them?

Suddenly, I started to become enraged. I clenched my fists tightly at both my sides while trying not to lose my temper, but it was no use.

"Can she ever...." I stopped myself for a moment because I could feel myself start to fight back tears. "Can she ever have the abilities again? And our bond..." I stopped myself again and started to tear up.

"Yes, she can be given them again and no, your bond is not broken. He just 'disabled' them in a way. Now, he easily could have removed them but she woke up, thanks to you, on time." The doctor tells me.

"So then if that's it...." I started to feel hopeful a little more.

"It isn't that simple. She needs some time to heal because bringing all of that back so soon would be risky." He states.

"But she doesn't have any time. He could easily send people here while we fight and I am not going to let that happen!" I tell him.

Then again, maybe he's right. And how cruel would that be for me to make a call such as that one and risk losing her forever?

"Son, there isn't enough time. We will have to wait until afterwards." My father says as he rests his hand on my shoulder.

I immediately shrug off his hand and turn to them all.

"What?! Are you serious?! I am not going to leave her here while we all leave to fight against my asshole of a grandfather! He could easily come here or have Clay or whoever he wanted to come and get her. And I refuse to let any of that happen!" I snapped.

"In fact, there is no more waiting! He thinks he is so brave! Well let's put that to the test!" I tell them all.

"Where are you going?!" My father asks me while stopping me by gripping my arm.

"Let go of me!" I snapped at him. "I'm going to settle this bullshit once and for all! If my grandfather wants me than by god I am going to give him what he wants!" I tell him.

"No!" My dad says. "He isn't even here."

"It doesn't matter! I will find him!" I reply.

"That's stupid. Just stay here with Jayne..." My father tries to hold me back and tries telling me.

We all suddenly stopped as soon as we heard my sweet Jayne's voice come from the bedroom doorway.

"I don't want to wait either. I don't care how painful or risky it is. I have endured far more pain in my life and have survived that. I know I can make it through this. So what do we have to do?" She asks.

We all looked at her surprised that first of all, she was standing more star than we would have expected after what just happened and second of all, that she was seriously willing to risk everything to get back the abities.

"Baby." I started talking to her as I walked up to her.

"No!" She stops me. "Like I said, I have come too damn far in my life to sit here and wait any longer. So whatever I have to do, I don't care. Let's do it." She says more assertively.

We all look at one another and then my Aunt walks up to her and takes hold of her hand before they walk back into the bedroom and she asks everyone to stay outside to wait except for me and my father.

I have a feeling this will not be a very good process and it will be hard for me to watch her be in pain. But I guess there is no other choice.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)