CHAPTER 10: Wade

Why the hell did I invite her for dinner?! All we have is rice a roni and other microwaveable items like burritos, ramen noodles, snack foods and not too many healthy stuff.

I had an hour before she would be here and at the last minute, hurried next door to the RV trailer that was parked a few feet from us and asked the guy if he had anything I could cook quick and offered to pay him for it. He laughed after hearing why I needed something and then told me I didn't have to pay but just to cook that and make some mashed potatoes with it to make it more like an actual meal.

It was perfect! It was Kielbasa and mashed potatoes and I know it was nothing fancy but figured this way she would hopefully like it and it would be hearty. Not to mention also that I set out a pre-made small caesar salad bowl for the both of us as well.

Normally I wouldn't care too much in what we had but because we were far from any nearby drive thru and or grocery store, and I wanted to give her close to what an ACTUAL meal would be, I had to improvise.

Right when I got finished plating our foods, I heard a knock on the door and knew it was her, so I walked over to the door and opened to have her come inside.

"Hey! Come on in." I tell her before offering her a drink.

Next I have her take a seat at the table attached to the wall on the opposite side of the stove and we both start to eat.

"This looks good." She tells me.

I don't care if she is just being nice or not, either way, I'll accept the compliment.

"Thanks. I wasn't too sure what you would like and didn't have too much really here that would be appetizing really." I chuckled.

We started to eat and talk some more to get to know each other a little better.

She was telling me a little bit about herself in what all she liked and favorite foods and everything but when I asked about her parents, she just told me they died in an accident and seemed to have wanted to drop that topic-in which I did.

I too didn't tell her too much about me or even my father because first of all, I am ashamed of him and second of all, I don't share a certain amount of information about my life a while lot because it's none of anyone's business.

I know it doesn't sound fair, but I too need to make sure people get to know me as me and not my rich father's son. Even though she has heard many things about him already and what he does (but nobody knows the entire truth really) and I personally would like to keep it that way as much as I can.

When we finished, I suggested watching something on the TV. However, as soon as she sat down, she had noticed the Wii controllers.

"Oh my god, do you seriously have the Wii Switch?" She asks with some excitement.

"Yes." I chuckled at hoe cute her reaction was. "Wanna play?"

"Could we?" She asked with excitement.

"Of course." I replied and turned it on then had her scroll through the library of games from old/classic original versions of them to the most recent and she selected Super Mario Brothers one (the original).

As we played, it was like watching a kid who was excited and happy to be playing. I too was having a lot of fun.

After a few hours go by, we take a little break and grab some snacks and something to drink.

"Sorry, but that was a lot of fun." She laughs.

"That was. I like playing it." I chuckled.

We both sit there for another brief moment and right as I finally think of something to say, she breaks the silence first and suggests that it's late and how she would like to go to bed.

Honestly, I wasn't going to get much sleep tonight after the fun we just had and my adrenaline getting all worked up, but on the other hand, I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable neither, so I offered to walk her back.towards her tent.

Everybody was practically asleep and I didn't see Jimmy and Rocky so I assumed they hooked up with a me girls or something. Especially Jimmy because him and that one girl he was talking to before I guess she dumped him, so, I can see him hooking up with somebody.

I enjoy the time I spend with Jayne and love how different she is from the others. She doesn't throw herself at me and try to hook up with me or pretends to be nice or that she likes me because I have money. In fact, I like the non judgement.

Once we get to her tent, we stand there for a moment and although neither of us are saying anything, it isn't awkward but it just seems as though I have become more nervous than I have ever been around a girl before. Most of the time, if not all the time, I don't care and have a lot of confidence, but like I said before, she is different and I feel I am on different territory.

"Hey, I was wondering, would you for a ride with me tomorrow? I want to take you somewhere." I ask while nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"Yeah. That sounds fun." She smiles.

"Great! Around the same time as before?"

"Okay." She replies with that amazing smile she has.

"Alright! I'll see you tomorrow-or I guess I should say, in several hours." I joke.

"See you then." She chuckles also in reply.

"Goodnight." I tell her.

"Goodnight." She says.

I hope I can get some sleep tonight.....

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)