CHAPTER 9: Jayne

Things quickly became awkward as soon as his friends opened the door and came walking in.

"Hey." They smiled at me.

"Hey guys." Wade replied sounding a bit upset.

"I'm Jimmy." His friend says as he walks towards me holding out his hand to shake. Then his friend Ricky does the same.

"Hi. I'm Jayne." I replied.

Next I hear my phone go off in my pocket and right away know it's my sister.

"Sorry, I have to go." I tell them while trying to text her back and leaving.

I'm glad in a way that she did interrupt because things were starting to feel awkward.

For the rest of the day, it seemed that I had to stay around her, Clay and his friends because he wanted to make sure I didn't feel out of place.

Again, I appreciate him being considerate and everything but I'm not a 'social' type person and besides, I have nothing in common with any of his friends.

I mean, sure they're nice and all but They also are in college and are immature and seem to want to get drunk and act crazy (which isn't my kind of a scene).

Then again, on the other hand, there was always the matter of my sister and having to deal with her wrath if I objected to Clay because she told me it would be 'rude'. So I sucked things up and hung out with them.

Throughout the rest of the day though, I couldn't stop thinking about earlier and going riding with the badboy of the school.

I also took notice throughout the rest of the day that occassionally, like he did last night, was looking at me.

I tried to not think too much of it because honestly, I still didn't trust it or him. Seriously, who goes from not noticing you to suddenly wanting to get to know you? Although he does sound genuine and I could be really over thinking all of this.

Everyone including Wade went riding and it was just a small handful of people left behind hanging out, including me.

My sister however, ended up going with Clay and a few of his friends and their girlfriends riding quads and bikes as I stayed in my tent and began watching some movies on my tablet and eating a few snacks.

I hadn't paid attention to what time it was or  anything until I heard the zipper from the door of my tent going and I quickly turned around startled and sat up when I noticed it was Wade.

"Hey!" He says with a smile.

"Hi." I replied.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you but there was no way of me knocking." He chuckled a little.

"That's fine." I replied.

"Well I was thinking, how about tonight you come over to my RV and we have something to eat and hang out?" He asks.

"Uh, I don't know." I replied.

"Oh come on. Look, just tell your sister where you're going so she doesn't freak out." He mentions.

He doesn't know my sister clearly. She would never be okay with that. But I guess it wouldn't hurt.

"Okay. I'll talk to her." I replied.

"Great! Meet me in about an hour." He suggests.

"Okay." I smiled.

"See ya then." He replied with a smile and a wink before turning around and walking away.

How is he so confident?! Can he teach me how to be? Also, how am I going to get my sister into letting me hang out with Wade?

After almost an hour, I got out of my tent and zipped it closed and as soon as I turned around to look for my sister, Clay was standing right there.

"Hey Jayne!" Clay slurs a little as he puts his arm around my shoulders. "Is that your boyfriend?" He teases a little while moving his eyebrows up and down.

"No. He's just somebody from school." I reply.

"Suuuurre." He replies.

I hadn't realized it was near dark and people were cooking food and already started drinking, including my sister.

"Hey Clay?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He asks before taking a swig from his beer.

I then notice my sister laughing and dancing with a few of the people over near their RV hanging out and looks to be drunk already.

"Can you please do me a favor and distract my sister while I go and hang out with Wade?" I ask him.

He looks out the corner of his eyes at me and then starts to laugh.

"Alright. You got it." He winks. "But be good and hey, you know where to find me if he tries anything." He tells me.

"Thanks." I chuckled a little bit. I really wish I had him as a brother instead of my sister.

He began walking back towards the RV while I began heading towards Wade's and every step I took felt like it was a button being pressed making me become more and more nervous.

"This is nothing more than 'hanging out' so stop being so nervous, Damnit!" I muttered to myself.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)