CHAPTER 3: Jayne

Throughout the next week, at school I tried avoiding at all costs risking looking at Wade again. Which wouldn't be a problem because him and everybody else in the entire school seemed to be wrapped up in other stuff. Things were starting to get crazier as everybody began talking about the prom and of course, Spring Break, that was in a month and a half.

I have decided to do my own thing on Prom night, so I didn't care about it and Spring Break well, at least I don't have to go to school for two weeks.

Tonight, I had become almost late because of a fight I got in with my sister. Thankfully I made it. Barely on time, but made it still.

I soon started doing what I always did before my shift which was preparing myself mentally as well as physically for the rush of customers, since it's the weekend.

I work at the only theater in town and unfortunately, tonight it is my turn to help out at the snack bar. I hate working at the snack bar on weekends. Mostly because I have to actually talk to people from school and hear their snickers and try to ignore their judgemental glares as well.

Luckily, I am friends with the Manager and a couple of other people who work here. I mean, we don't really hang out so much outside of work as often but here at work we have fun and make the most of it. Most of them are older and I am one of the few that is the youngest who works here.

I love it though. I get free snacks and get to see movies for free, even before we start showing them to everybody else.

I used to have a best friend but only a few years after living here, her mother got remarried and they left town and I lost touch. She was a great friend and had my back a lot.

It's really hard for me to make any friends really because I am shy.

Either way, I guess it's alright I am here because I am good at multi-tasking and could use the workout anyways so it isn't bad all around.

"Hello?!" I heard my coworker say while waving their arms in front of me to get my attention.

"Sorry." I try and laugh it off as does he.

"Well, you better get ready, remember it's the weekend and we are going to have the annoying little shotheads come in any moment." My coworker exclaimed. He too hated the popular kids.

It was a couple of hours into my shift when the popular people came walking in loud and obnoxious, as always.

What makes matters worse though is when they stand in line. They take forever to order even though they come here every weekend and know the menu never changes. Then they top it off by changing their minds at the last minute nearly all the time.

All of them begin throwing orders at me of what they want and it is hard for me to follow anyone because it's all at once. I wasn't in the mood for this, especially since I got into a huge argument with my sister. So I snapped.

"HEY!" I shouted out loud and all of them as well as my co-workers looked at me surprised because they never knew I could yell.

"Excuse me?!" One of Dana's friends replies upset.

"I'm sorry but you all are talking at once and I can't decipher each order. So, why don't you all wait in line one after the other, just like you should be doing anyways and I will get to you all one by one, alright?" I tell them.

They stood there still in shock until I got Dana and her boyfriend's attention. Her boyfriend of course is none other than the Captain of the Soccer team.

"So, what do you guys want?" I ask.

They seemed to have been cooperative from then on until they finally all got their drinks and snacks then headed into the room for their movie. Maybe they were still in shock and is why they didn't say anything else to me and I for one was impressed and surprised at myself for doing all of that.

Once the crowds started calming down more, I took my lunch break or more like a 'dinner' break and went to the food court to grab a sub sandwich and drink.

Then after I ordered my sandwich and grabbed my drink, I stood off to the side of the counter to wait for them to prepared it and I pulled out my phone to play a game to pass the time.

I got so focused on the game that I heard the employee call out my name a couple of times before finally looking up and grabbing the bag then making my way back towards work.

While walking back, I was sipping on my drink and then as soon as I turned the corner towards the theater, I bumped into a hard wall and spilled the drink in my hand all over my dark purple vest and white dressy shirt I had to wear underneath for my work uniform. At least that's what I thought I hit until I looked up and noticed it was him.

"Damn!" He reacts.

"You need to watch where you're going!" I snapped at him.

"Sorry." He replies with an attitude right back. "It'll come out. Besides, you are the one that was rushing around the corner."

"Yeah because I don't have that long for lunch and needed to get back to work. So now that THIS happened...." I mention while pointing where my drink spilled on me. "Now I get to go throughout the rest of the night sticky and stained. So thank you for that!" I replied sarcastically before walking off.

"No problem!" He smirks and shouts out to me sarcastically while I walk away furious that now I was going to be late.

If only that employee made my sandwich quicker, I wouldn't have had this problem. 

Seriously?!? What a damn asshole! He can afford things that get ruined but not all of us have that luxury. Ugh, this was all I needed.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)