CHAPTER 27: Jayne

Well, I guess I have a Sorcerer as a boyfriend now, so that's a thing. Although we of course couldn't tell anybody else in town or at school. However, I have to admit it's actually pretty awesome. Especially after hearing about what all he can do and a little more information from Jimmy and Rocky.

While on my break at work tonight, I noticed I didn't have any text messages from Wade as he normally leaves for me to read while on break. Which that's okay, I don't expect them all the time (even though I have gotten used to the nice gesture). But I know too he has a lot more on his plate now than he did before.

I sent him a couple of messages and didn't hear back and next thing I knew, my break was over. So I just went back to work and after I finished, I waited for him outside the theater since he offered to give me a ride and then pick me up.

After standing there for almost half an hour waiting for him and no call or text from him, I thought I would just contact a car service to come and get me and take me home. It was too dark to walk home alone and a little too far for me.

It took another fifteen minutes for the driver to pull up in front and right as soon as I had reached for the door handle, I heard a car pull up and come to a complete stop.

"I'm sooo sorry baby." Wade says as he rushes towards the driver.

"It's okay I already called him so..." I began to explain but he interrupted and paid the driver before telling him he'll take me.

We then walked towards his car where he held the door opened and then got in and took off.

"I'm so sorry I was late baby and that I didn't reply to your messages." He apologizes more.

"It's alright. I got a little worried though because I thought maybe something had  happened to you. But I also know that you have a lot more on your plate recently." I shrugged.

"I didn't mean to make you worry." He raised my hand up to his lips and kissed the back of my hand. "It's just that my dad, he showed up out of nowhere when I went back to my house after dropping you off and saw him parked out front."

His dad? I thought he wasn't supposed to be here for another few months? Well, that explains things even more. Basing off the information as to why he hates him.

"Oh. How did things go? Did you tell him?" I ask not knowing why I did.

"I did. That's why it took so long for me to get here and why I didn't see your messages until a little before I came to get you." He explains.

I nod and then notice out the corner of my eye in the back seat were a couple of bags and his backpack.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I left. Well, more like he kicked me out." He says.

"Oh my god. Baby..." I tell him.

"It's okay. I have some money that I have been putting away for the last few years and  have more than enough to get me by. Besides, I was thinking after graduation of moving back to England where my mother's family are at."

Did he just say move back to England? I have always wanted to got there and true, I don't know what I want to do as a career yet to go to college for but, he sounds like it's for certain and yet didn't tell me about it?

"Uh, when did you decide this?" I ask.

"I've been thinking about ever since we got back from the lake house and it wasn't until tonight earlier with my father kicking me out of the house that I decided I want to embrace my true self. And they can help me. I have nothing here or..." He begins to say but then stops.

Why did he say that? He has nothing here?

"Oh." I mumble under my breath.

"I didn't mean that. That was a bad choice of words." He immediately explains.

"Do I at least get a say in it?" I ask him.

"Of course. It isn't for sure but I thought you would be on board with it anyways because you told me you have always wanted to go to England." He mentions.

"Yeah but, it's almost like you made a decision without me and it's already set into motion before I am able to say anything." I reply a little defensive.

He soon pulls over to the side of the road and looks at me.

"Jayne, I swear, I don't want to do anything without you and I don't want us to be apart. But you said before that there was nothing here for you and you were wanting to leave also as far away as you can from your sister." He points out.

"Yeah but that isn't what has me upset right now. It's the fact that you have made up your mind about something and feel as though I am now in the position of deciding rather or not I go with you or not. And if I say 'no' then I'll be the bad girlfriend who is 'unsupportive' or whatever and that isn't fair."

I'm not trying to complain but there's no other way I can look at this situation other than that he made up his mind and being put in a position that not just makes me feel uncomfortable but also upset.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)