CHAPTER 34: Wade

I had gone out into town with Jimmy and Rocky to buy a gift for Jayne's birthday tomorrow while trying to find something nice to wear.

While getting fitted for a tux, I couldn't stop thinking about her and fearing she will decide she won't want this life and then I'll have to deal with that fact.

I meant what I said before also in that no matter her decision, as long as we are still together, that's all I care about.

I was starting to get nervous, anxious and not feeling too well. So after we got fitted for a tux and told the store clerk to send it to my Aunt's address, we decided to grab something to eat before heading back.

While sitting down, I only could eat a few bites and then stopped myself as I wasn't really hungry.

"Hey man, it's alright. Don't worry so much. You know she loves you." Jimmy says.

"Yeah I know." I replied. "It's just that, if she loves me, why is she thinking about it? There should be nothing to think about, right?" I asked.

"Yeah but, think of what you are asking her to do. It isn't about just love, you're asking her to no longer be human anymore." Rocky points out.

"I know that. You don't think I know that?!" I accidentally snapped at him.

"Woah bro, relax." Jimmy tells me.

"I just....I would never question it if this was her asking me." I replied upset.

"Don't do that to yourself man. You're gonna end up saying things you can't take back." Jimmy warns me.

I know he's right and I really do understand what I'm asking her to give up but, it just doesn't make any damn sense. She even told me that with love there is no hesitation and that.....well, it doesn't matter. I need to just try and calm down.

"Come on guys, let's head to the pub a few miles up the street, I heard while in the shop one of the customers talk about it and how they serve to people eighteen and over." I mention.

They finished their food and shrugged their shoulders in agreement then we left the restaurant and made our way towards the pub where we drank some beer and relaxed, hung out and had an overall good time, before heading back.

************************

When I woke up this morning, my head started to hurt a little bit but not too bad since it would take a lot more than twenty beers to phase me because if who I am. It was still annoying though.

While I rolled over and reached my arm out beside me, I realized that Jayne wasn't there.
So I sat up, adjusted and rubbed my eyes and started looking around the room for her and then began to think about if I said anything offensive or something to her.

I quickly began to panic and before I could get out of bed and put my pants on over my boxers, the door started to open and in walked Jayne who was carrying a tray of food and some hot tea that I could smell in the air and was something my Aunt made for me to help with this irritating headache.

After closing the door shut with her foot, she saw I was awake and began carefully walking over towards me and making sure she didn't spill anything.

"I thought you might be hungry so I made you some breakfast and your Aunt said that this tea she had made would help with your head." She tells me as she sets it down onto the night stand beside me and I can't help but feel guilty.

Why did I even drink and stay out late last night?! She must have been worried.

"Thanks." I smile at her and have her lean in to kiss me before she sits down next to me and I take a bite of my toast and then grab the tea as we sit there for a brief moment in awkward silence.