CHAPTER 15: Jayne

WHY?! Why is this happening to me?! And why the hell was he trying to defend me?! I feel good deep down I side that I ever even had stood up for myself but at the same time, I also feel a bit embarrassed.

I am so tired of this-all of it! Why can't people just leave me alone?!

Then I suddenly am startled as soon as I hear out of nowhere, his voice.

"You done feeling sorry for yourself yet?!" He says to me.

"Go to hell!" I tell him as I wipe away some tears and look away.

"Nah. They won't accept me anymore." He mentions with a smirk and wink.

Next, I notice he sits down and leans against the wall beside me.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I ask him through sniffles.

"Why shouldn't I?" He asks with a confused look on his face. "I mean, I know that I fucked up and I'm sorry but, I have a good reason as to what happened..." He tries to explain but I don't want to hear it.

"Why?!" I began to cry out. "Why do people treat me like shit?! I mean, nobody wants to be seen with me even. Not my sister, YOU." I say while wiping away some more tears.

"That's not true." He tries to tell me.

"Bullshit! You are no different than they are! You fucked with my emotions and made me believe something that clearly wasn't real then to make things worse you went around telling people we hooked up." I snapped at him.

"I never said anything to either one of them. I know I fucked up and you have every right to hate me and even never want to speak to me again but I..." He starts again.

"Just leave me alone." I tell him.

"First of all, I am not one to go telling others about my relationships and rather or not I hook up with somebody. Because it isn't anybody's damn business. Also, as far as what people think or say, and not giving you the time of day to get to know you, well, fuck them! It's their loss! Besides, why do you waste all your time worried so much in what others think?" He asks.

"You wouldn't understand. People like you have no idea what it's like to go through things I do on a daily basis." I tell him.

He really wouldn't. If anything, after I tell him about what is going on, I bet he'd make fun of me or call me pathetic and dumb or something. I have had all the insults I can take for today as well as emotional torture and really didn't want to deal with anymore today.

"Try me." He says.

I look at him for a moment before I realize that he's being sincere.

"Well, what do you think as to why I do?! I am just another stupid, fat, and pathetic girl that lives in her own world wanting nothing more than to be wanted and loved by somebody, for once. Ever since I was little, that's all I have searched for.  I mean, I stopped believing in fairytales and always knew that 'prince charming' didn't exist. But I still deep down inside, wondered what it would be like to be wanted. That feeling you get when somebody wants you- truly wants you and they don't care about your flaws or that you don't look like barbie and who aren't embarrassed to call you theirs or even be friends with you. I am tired of being treated like I don't have feelings and that I'm nothing." I continue to cry throughout the rest of my ranting.

"I swear! Maybe the reality is that love is an illusion and doesn't really exist." I finish.

There was a silence between him and I for a couple of moments and I thought for sure it was because he was holding in laughter or thinking in his head in how pathetic I sounded.

Why did I even feel comfortable enough around him to say all that in the first place?! He fucked me over.

The next thing I knew I felt his hand touching mine and started enlacing our fingers. I looked down at our hands and then when I looked up at him, he locked eyes with mine and started to lean in.......

However, that's when I stopped him. I can't let him think it's okay and that he can make things better by giving me a kiss and touching my hand. (Damnit, why does his touch have to feel so good?!)

"No." I push him back and quickly stand up and grab my bag. "I don't care whatever your excuses are for why you didn't call or text me back. It doesn't matter because I am done playing these games with everyone. I am done being the joke and pathetic target to everybody. Besides, we both knew it would never work out between us. We live in two different worlds. So please just stop and go back to pretending I am not here. Forget about what happened with us because honestly? I already have enough pain in my life that I don't need anymore." I cry and start hurrying away before he gets a chance to say anything else or try and stop me.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Hey guys, so yes, this is mostly part of the Prologue and along the way while writing this story, I had decided it took a little bit of a different turn than I originally had planned so I changed it up a little bit from the prologue and am not sure if I will go back to my original idea for it when I do the book version or just keep this one. But so far, I like this direction I started going and am sticking with it. Hope you all like this too!!  :):)