CHAPTER 5: Jayne

I won't lie, I was a little afraid of what he would say or do to me and in fact, was cautiously walking to my car that night he had come up to me in the theater as we all were getting ready to close.

Seriously, who the hell comes up to somebody and ask about a damn membership when closing? Especially knowing there is always the app.

I knew I needed to be professional though and be sure not to say anything rude since he was a 'customer'. So I stayed professional.

When the next night came however, he did not even show up so that was confirmation to my own assumptions.

Throughout the next several days though, I have noticed a difference in his demeanor. I started to catch him out the corner of my eye occassionally looking at me and has even been making sure not to bump into me.

He seems to have become more conscience about what side of the hallway he walks down and to not be in my way at any point in time-which I am more than fine with.

To be honest, it was a little creepy at first until I finally started just ignoring him all together and going back to how it always was-minding my own business.

None of it mattered anyways because I was going to enjoy two weeks of staying home and relaxing for Spring Break starting tomorrow, with no school, no bullies and no work, since my boss was nice enough to give that off so I can relax for once.

Then to have my sister be leaving was even better. Her and her new boyfriend who have been dating for almost two months now, has invited her to go to the desert with him and his friends.

He asked me if I wanted to go too but I politely declined the invitation. I would rather be here by myself while everyone (including the popular kids) all left. In a way, it was like having the town all to myself.

Once that last bell rang for the end of the day, it was music to my ears. I couldn't be any more excited than I am right now. Vacation, here I come!

I quickly started making my way home and the moment I got inside the house, I saw both my sister and her boyfriend talking and laughing with each other.

I swear, he deserves better than her-not that it's any of my business.

He then looks over at me and nods a 'what up' type of greeting.

"Hey." I replied. "I thought you both would be gone by now?" I mention while grabbing some crystal light from the fridge.

"Yeah well, we changed plans a little bit." He says.

"What?" I asked surprised and a little worried as to what he meant.

"Well, now don't freak out but, your sister and I have been talking and we both decided that we don't want to leave you alone. We would feel bad and besides, I KNOW you'll have a blast with us in the desert." He insists.

"But I wanted to stay here. Besides, I'll be fine. I can take care of myself." I replied.

"Yeah well, you don't have a choice. You're going with us and you have only twenty minutes to pack because we need to beat the traffic, so get going." My sister chimes in says.

"No. I'm not leaving. I'm staying here!" I protest again.

Before her boyfriend, Clay, was able to say something, she interrupted.

"You aren't eighteen yet and as far as the state is concerned, you are still MY responsibility. Plus, don't forget that I still have the authority in being in charge of your inheritance when you turn eighteen." She threatens.

She threatens me with that all the time and I really hate to allow her to control me like this but I do have to do as she says because she is right. So I just roll my eyes.

"Fine!" I snapped in reply and stomped upstairs to hurry and pack.

Damnit! So much for the 'me time'. This sucks! Why has the universe cursed me like this?!?

After I packed what I could, I hurried downstairs towards his big Escalade and we started heading out to the desert. I swear if I see one snake I am going to find a way to come back no matter what.

Why couldn't they just accept my rejection the first time? And since when does she not leave me alone? I bet he made her agree to me coming with them as she didn't hide the REAL fact as to why when she made that whole speech about her 'responsibility' with me.

The ride took a good few hours to get there and then after arriving, we got out and it seemed that his friends and some of their girlfriends were all hanging out and even seemed to have set our stuff up as well already, including tents.

This was going to be interesting. Though on the other hand, at least these guys were a few years older and hopefully more mature.

I know I'm going to regret not faking a fever or an illness to stay home from coming. I can just tell already.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Oh she'll get a fever alright. ;)