CHAPTER 21: Jayne

I hadn't meant to bring up his father. I had just thought of it after watching the show we were watching that night and it just popped in my head.

I hope someday he can tell me because I am sure it will make him feel a lot better and I could find out hopefully in what made him grow the hatred he has for his dad.

Finals were coming up in a few weeks and next week was prom as well as Wade's birthday.

Which I found out the rumors weren't true in that he was already eighteen. He really is seventeen, the same age as me and I happen to turn eighteen a couple of weeks from then, during the last week of finals.

I had already planned not to go to prom before I got together with Wade and honestly wasn't feeling like going still. So I talked with him and he agreed also that there was no reason we had to go if we didn't want to. So we came up with a better idea and decided since it was on a Friday and that following Monday we had off, we figured we should head out of town to a lake house with Jimmy, Rocky and their girlfriends they both hooked up with at the desert.

I like both the girls they talked to and they seemed real nice and cool with me, so that would be good to have a drama-free-three-day weekend.

Then Since we live in a small town, we thought that we wouldn't tell anybody where we were heading off to so we didn't risk running into anybody, although, Dana and her friends would be the ones who would go because she's the richest one in town, or I should say, was the richest person in town before Wade showed up.

All of us were excited and we couldn't wait to go and was trying to think about what we could do for Wade's birthday. I wasn't sure in what to get him and his friends were of no help because all they told me was that he  didn't like celebrating his birthday really and never asks for anything, even on his birthday.

I guess then it was up to me by myself so I asked Clay yesterday when he came over to see my sister.

Although it took me a while to finally find something, I found it online and it said it would be here by next Monday.

Tonight at work was slow and a little boring but all I kept thinking about was Wade and how I couldn't wait to see him after work when he picked me up.

The last showing for the night had just let out and there was a group of people that came walking out together who I never have seen around here before and who looked to be what you would consider were 'bad boys'.

I figured I must have been on my lunch break when they came in. I noticed them all looking at me and talking lowly to one another. What the hell is their problem?

I just shrug it off and finish cleaning up the snack bar area before grabbing my purse and walking outside towards Wade.

When I got outside however, I saw that he was arguing with the guys from inside and it looked to be heating up a little.

Next, out of nowhere, I saw both Jimmy and Rocky come running and pulling Wade away from the guys as his friends pull their guy back.

What is happening right now?!? What the hell was that all about?!?

"Watch your back, Wade." The guy who threw the first punch at Wade, spat before him and his friends headed across the street to leave.

Wade looks beyond pissed with clenched fists at his sides and then looks at me as does Jimmy and Rocky, suddenly acting as though nothing is wrong and nothing happened just now.

"What was that all about? Are you okay? Do you know them?" I ask.

"I don't. I mean, that one guy looked familiar but I don't know who they are." He responds as he looks and sounds both genuinely confused.

"Why don't you guys head off and we'll see you both tomorrow." Jimmy suggests.

I nodded in agreement as did Wade and after letting out a breath, he then puts on a smile and opens the door for me then we take off towards my house.

The car ride home, although wasn't very long, it still felt a little awkward as neither one of us was saying anything.

I can't explain it neither but something deep down inside felt like something was wrong. However, I don't feel like Wade is lieing to me neither.

Once he pulled up in front of my house, I wasn't sure what to say. Did I want to say goodnight? Invite him to stay over or stay for a while at least since my sister and Clay are already asleep.

"Do you want to stay over?" I asked.

He doesn't say anything, then when he looks at me, he seems to be no longer tensed up and seems to be relaxed a little bit then smiles before replying.

"Yeah." He tells me.

I hope tonight wasn't the start of something and also, who in the hell were those guys?!?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)