CHAPTER 4: Wade

Damn, that girl sure has a problem watching where she's walking.

It seems like she has made a habit out of doing that, since we have also done that now at school a couple times.

"Wow! That was interesting." Jimmy comments sarcastically while moving his eyebrows up and down. I swear, sometimes I question how old he is.

"Shut up man." I roll my eyes as we continue heading towards the store we were on our way towards before me and that girl bumped into each other.

I didn't really find much in the store but luckily my friends, Rocky and Jimmy did.

Once we had finished, we started throwing around ideas in what to do next and since there weren't really a lot of choices to choose from in what to do in this small town, and since we didn't necessarily want to go back to the house yet, we tried thinking up of things.

I then threw out the idea to just catch a movie. There was a scary one playing and was the last showing of the night. So we hurried and grabbed some tickets then some snacks before heading inside where the theater seemed to be packed.

Eventually we found a seat in the last row up at the top of the stairs and the previews started.

I couldn't stop thinking about that girl and wondered what her story was. She always keeps to herself and yet, with what just happened moments ago with our encounter, I'm even more curious, based on her reaction alone.

The movie wasn't too bad and after it was over, we waited until everybody had left to finish watching the end credits play, until the lights turned on to let us know we needed to leave.

After heading out towards the exit through the lobby, I saw out the corner of my eye was that girl, whose name I had found out from Rocky was Jayne. And I don't know what made me do it, but I told my friends I'd be back and then made my way towards her.

"Hey!" I greeted her with a nod.

She turns and looks at me and then suddenly becomes shy and looks away? What happened to the girl that was unapologetic and snapping at me for 'bumping into her?!'

"Hello Sir. May I help you?" She asks.

Ah, that's right, she IS at work after all. Maybe that is why she is acting differently.

"Yeah, I wanted to see...." I tried to think of what to say as I suddenly find myself stumbling over my words and drawing a complete blank in my head for the first time in my life. Then I finally spot something.

"I wanted to see about signing up for a membership." I replied.

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow as if she doesn't believe me.

"Well, it's $25 per year and you earn points with every purchase you make using your membership card and can earn up to a free ticket or popcorn and other things as well." She explains.

"Great! Where do I sign up?" I smile.

"Yeah, us too!" My friends chime in and chuckle.

"Oh, uh, you can all download the app. Our computers are all turned off right now so..." She states.

"Okay. I'll be back tomorrow then. I don't trust apps too much." I smile at her and as she looked like she was about to say something, my friends and I started walking off.

"Somebody has a crush on the shyest girl in school." Jimmy comments on our way out.

"Awwww." They all say in unison teasingly.

"Shut the hell up guys! I'm just being nice." I replied in annoyance. I mean come on, what are we, five?!

We started heading back towards the house and as soon as we returned, I began thinking about Spring Break coming up soon and what we were going to do.

"So what do you guys want to do during Spring Break?" I asked.

"I don't know." Rocky answered while playing a game on his phone.

"Why don't we go to the desert? Take the quads and have some fun?" He suggests.

That was a great idea actually. I love the desert and it would be a lot of fun. Part of the fun also is going and meeting up with other cool people and hanging out.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)