CHAPTER 18: Wade

She forgave me! She is giving me another chance! I am beyond happy now. I was hoping for the best but expected the worst and I am so glad it turned out the way it did.

Kissing her last night sealed the deal and made it official. Actually, after we kissed and I asked her to be mine and she agreed, that made it official.

This morning I had picked her up at her house and as soon as we got to school, after opening the door and helping her out, we locked hands and I gave her a quick kiss and  we started catching up with Jimmy and Rocky.

They greeted us and seemed to be real happy I finally asked her out and made it official.

We next all began heading towards her locker first before going to our first period together.

I have to admit, it really is priceless watching everybody look at us (especially the popular guys) with their glares and dislike for us, but I don't care. I am so happy that she is my girl and from here on out, they better remember what I warned them about before.

Things seemed to be good and when school was finally over, I dropped her off at her house so she could do some homework and get ready for work. In which I had planned to take her too.

I have been thinking about what we should do for our first date and my friends aren't the romantic types so this is new territory for us all. Luckily, there is always the internet.

There were so many ideas to choose from that it became overwhelming after a while and besides, a lot of the things I couldn't use because it was too hard and there weren't many options in a small town.

While I was finishing my homework, my phone went off and I knew it was my father.

"Yeah?!" I answered.

"Hey son. I wanted to check in on you." He says.

Okay, who the hell is this and why is he pretending to be my dad?! There is no way this could be my actual dad.

"Woah! Who are you trying to impress?" I asked.

"Nobody. What's wrong with you?" He asks.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I wanted to call and check-in on you and to let you know I should be back home within the next couple of months." He mentions.

"A couple of months?! I thought you were going to be gone the rest of the year?"

"No. You're graduating this year from high school-it's a big deal and something I don't want to miss." He chuckles.

I can't entirely believe him. He has never acted this way except for when he....Oh hell no.

"Who is she?" I asked trying to hold in my anger and frustration with him.

"What?" He asked playing all dumb.

"I'm not a kid anymore dad, who is she?!" I repeated.

Next I heard him breathe out and then reply.

"Son, she is....she is an amazing woman. I think you'll like her. She's a lot like...." He started and that's when I lost it and cut him off.

"DON'T! Don't you dare EVER and I mean EVER fucking compare anyone to mom!" I snapped.

"Son, you better watch your tone!" My father says firmly. "Remember? We talked about this a few years after your mother. Besides, you know what happens when you become upset." He states.

"I have to go. Thanks for warning me." I seethes through gritted teeth then hung up and threw my phone on the bed.

That asshole has always believed any woman he met and had almost married was a lot like my mom, but the truth is, there is NOBODY and I do mean, NOBODY like her!

Shit! And now it's time to get Jayne and take her to work. However, I need to make sure I stay calm because I will give my father that and that when I get to a certain point of anger, things spiral out of control quickly.

So I take in a few deep breaths and while on my way, begin to quickly calm myself down with just thinking about Jayne. She really has a way about her that provides great energy. If anybody reminds me of my mom and what she was like, I would have to say that it's Jayne. She has her heart and her smile can really erase any negativity or bad thing.

After I dropped Jayne off at work, it was time to head on over to the local bowling alley and arcade to play a few games of pool with Jimmy and Rocky.

I swear, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have them. They are the best brothers I have ever had (blood-related or not).

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)