CHAPTER 13: Jayne

Today was the first day back to school after Spring Break and just a few days since we returned from the desert and it seemed like things were happening just as I had feared it would.

Everything I experienced in the desert was an illusion. It was all just a dream. None of it was real. It was all made up in my head-at least that's what I have told myself for the past few days since we've been back and I haven't heard from Wade and he hasn't returned my calls or texts. I only called and texted twice and took him not answering either one, as a sign.

I should have known it was all too good to be true and now to make things worse, I have to face not only him but all my other bullies also.

I have played over and over again in my head of reasons why he never messaged or called me back. Though out of all the reasons and excuses he could have made to explain, I came to one logical conclusion and that was that it all was a set up.

I guess I got caught up in how much fun we were having and the fact that I guess deep down inside I wanted it to be real that, maybe I got the signals mixed up. Maybe he really was trying to be just friends or even was just having fun.

That wasn't the only thing that was different. Things became weird to me ever  since we got back, my sister has been acting real nice around me all of a sudden and I know it isn't genuine and that there is a reason behind it.

However, since I can't find the reason as to why she is acting that way, I have decided to just let it go because frankly, I don't care. I don't care anymore about anybody else but myself. That is the it way I should have been thinking this entire time and should be thinking from here on out.

After getting ready, Clay was nice enough to offer me a ride to school before he headed back to college and since my sister needed to use my car today, he offered.

After we pulled up in the front of school, while thanking him for the ride he stops me for a moment.

"Wait. Jayne, are you okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah. I just hate school." I tell him.

"I do too. It sucks but, at least it's your last year." He chuckles.

"Yeah. That's true." I replied.

"Well hang in there kid." He says.

"Thanks." I replied and then got out of his car and couldn't help but smile.

He really is a nice person and is real hot too. Though not as hot looking as Wade.

'DAMNIT! STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM!!'
I yelled to myself in my head.

I immediately put my earbuds in my ears and played my music off my phone while heading into school as always with my head down and got things from my locker before heading to my first period class.

When I sat down in my seat in the back of the room, I noticed I was one of the few that came in and not a moment later, came flooding in other students, including Wade's friends.

They both looked at me and smiled while nodding at me and walking towards their seats in the back a couple of seats down from me.

I smiled at them in reply but tried to not pay attention since I am sure they were in on everything too.

Then right as the second and final bell rang for everybody to be in their seats to begin class, Wade came rushing into class out-of-breath and looked around like he was looking for something or someone I should say.

Then his eyes landed on mine and it was hard to resist eye contact as our eyes locked but I soon snapped myself out of the trance and looked down at my notebook.

He sat down in the seat two seats from mine and throughout the entire class, I would notice out the corner of my eyes that he was looking at me.

I had to be strong and resist the temptation of getting hooked into looking in his eyes. I may never be able to return.

After class, I hurried and walked out of the room towards my next class, which thankfully, he wasn't in. He was only in my first period and one other class towards the end of the day, so this should be easy in staying away from him.

He seems smart anyways and may take a hint and leave me alone.

"Jayne!" I heard him call out my name as he tries making his way through the crowd of students in the hallway but luckily I was good at pushing my way through and keeping away.

Once lunch time came around, I had grabbed something to eat and drink and then walked outside to eat by a tree that is real shady and away from the tables of popular kids.

However, things quickly took a turn for the worst when I made my way outside and was instantly stopped by Dana and a few of her friends.

"So, you think you can just hook up with my best friends boyfriend and get away with it whore?!" She asks.

"What are you talking about?" I asked annoyed.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about bitch! You fucking hooked up with my best friends boyfriend, Wade, while on vacation." She snaps at me.

Wow, is that what he has told everybody?! That fucking asshole!

"First of all, he isn't her boyfriend and second of all, there is NOTHING going on between him and I. He just happened to be there the same time my sister and her...." I started to explain when she cut me off.

"Oh of course, you are just like your sister. Except I can see him hooking up with her more than you!" She smirks in satisfaction.

That's when I lost it and threw my gatorade in her face.

Everybody went silent and even I was surprised and a little regretful for what I just did. Oh no, I was dead.

Then I could see her anger grow more and more by the second before it looked as though her and her friends were going to hit me.

"You are so dead!" She says.

I closed my eyes and braced myself for the worst.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)