CHAPTER 39: Jayne

Wow! Things got intense very quickly. Not to mention there is far more questions and worries going on now. I wonder what all they have kept from him as well.

I don't blame Wade for being upset and to be honest, after what I witnessed in him losing his temper moments ago, I am glad that is something I DON'T have from him.

I immediately take hold of his hand and he looks at me and smiles before we both take a seat on the couch and both Elizabeth and his father begin to explain things.

"Son, there are many mistakes and regrets I have in my life that will go to the grave with me. You and your mother are not one of them. Should I have done better as a father? Husband? Yes. Can I go back and change things? No. Being a parent, it never comes with a manual. You do the best you can with what you know and have and hope that it's enough." His father started to explain and then stopped as we all noticed him starting to tear up then take a seat in one of the arm chairs next to Elizabeth and across from us.

"There is not enough 'sorry's' in the world that can erase things I did or said. I was never ashamed of you or your mother. I was afraid. Your mother was far more brave than I ever was and she wasn't apologetic or ashamed, embarrassed or even afraid to be what she was. She was everything I was not. Which made me love her more. Your mother, when she died, believe it or not, my world shattered all around me after that. The last thing we talked about was that last thing she showed you and we had agreed before you were born to try and raise you the best we could and as normal as we could. I never meant to disappoint or hurt you." He finishes while choking back on some tears.

"Wade." Elizabeth then chimes in. "Your mother's death was not an accident and unfortunately, was not preventable." She struggles towards the last part. "Your mother knew that by showing you some of the gifts and abilities, it would bring unwanted attention to certain kinds who would love nothing more than to take you away. So she kept it from all of us, including your father. Then one day she, tried protecting you while your father was away on a business trip."

"Wait, so she knew she was going to die?" I hear the pain in Wade's voice as he asks her.

Aunt Elizabeth firstly doesn't reply saying anything and instead nods in agreement as a reply.

"She did. And she knew that if she had told any of us, we would have stopped it. But she wanted us to promise her that no matter what, no matter how, we needed to protect you in whatever means possible." She sniffles.

We all were in complete and utter shock. Nobody said anything and the air had seemed to have thickened as we continued sitting there and waiting for somebody to break the awkward silence we were feeling.

I wasn't sure in what to say or do. I felt none of this was my place but yet, now when his heart hurts, mine does as well, more literally than before.

"So who killed her?!" Wade asks while at the same time I could feel him squeezing my hand tightly and then quickly releasing his grip a little after hearing me wince in pain a little bit.

Aunt Elizabeth and his father both look at one another for a moment then let out a sigh before replying.

"Your grandfather." Wade's dad says.

"WHAT?!" Wade suddenly yells as he lets go of my hand and stands up abuptly from the couch.

"Son, please...." His dad started to calm him down but Wade was too infuriated.

"No! I can't believe you haven't done shit to seek revenge on that asshole! He may be family but I swear that before I take my last breath, I will avenge my mother. He will suffer until his last breath!" Wade threatens out loud.

I have not heard him act this way and I felt kind of like he was going to become enraged again as I could tell by the fists by his sides were beginning to light up with the blue glow before the flames came.

"Wade, it isn't That simple. You can't just hunt him down and take him out so easily or quickly. And besides, he can't ever find you." Elizabeth tells him.

"You all may be afraid of him, but I'm not." Wade snaps at them.

"Wade..." I try and softly say to hopefully help calm him down but I guess it wasn't working at the moment since he snapped his head at me and his eyes were starting to turn a dark grey again.

There was no getting out of this one. There was no calming him down.

"Wade, don't...." Aunt Elizabeth started to tell him but he stopped her and shouted.

"Stop talking to me like I'm a damn kid! I'm not! My mother deserves Justice and if neither one if you aren't with me than you're against me and it would be wise to stay the hell out of my way!" He yells.

"Wade, baby. Please." I try and calm him but before I am as to take hold of his hand, he immediately pulls away.

I can tell in his eyes that he is about to turn entirely into what he was and that by me trying to calm him down, it isn't going to work. But I can't give up.

"Are you siding with them too?!" He snaps at me.

"No. I'm just not wanting you to..." I began but he interrupted me and stepped away.

"You of all people I thought would have my back." He says then shakes his head while I notice his eyes are changing now and then right when he turns around to try and storm out the back, his father shouts out loud for Jimmy and Rocky to grab him and take him to 'the room down the hall.'

I thought it was weird because there aren't many rooms down there and none of them, as we were told before when we arrived, were liveable and mostly used as storage.

It was painful however, to watch him struggle and try to fight against them all. Even his father tried to help them and all I could do was cry in horror as I was watching them practically pulling him down the hallway as he began to yell out in anger and no longer looked like the man I knew and loved.

What was this curse and how will this be broken? Can it be broken? His anger terrifies me.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)