CHAPTER 17: Jayne

Why did he buy me flowers? Is he being serious right now? Was I wrong about him and assumed too soon?

No. I didn't assume anything. There's no way that he is trying right now to excuse what he did.

I had just finished my lunch break when I walked out and saw him. I figured I would run into him sooner or later since he likes watching movies, but not this soon and not to see me.

I start filling up his drink and then grab everything else before placing them on the counter in front of him.

"Your poppers will be out in a minute." I tell him.

We both stand there for a moment looking at each other and then I look back down at the flowers while not wanting him to know how nice I think they are. Despite the gesture being really sweet.

"Listen, I appreciate the gesture with the flowers and everything but....." I start to say but he interrupts me. 

"I'm glad you like them. I know they're cliche but the guy told me that they were good 'sorry' flowers." He chuckles. Making me laugh a little bit as well.

"But are these supposed to make me forgive you and hear what you have to say?" I asked a little colder than I probably should have.

"I was hoping, yeah. Look, I know you probably have already thought up of many different things I could say as an excuse but, I swear, it's none of what you thought up of." He tells me. "Please. Give me a chance. Then if after you hear me out you still don't want anything to do with me then I'll leave you alone."

"I don't...." I begin and then stop when I hear him let out a breath. Then I take a moment more to think about it and there is a big part of me that wants to hear him out.

"Fine. I'll hear you out. I get off in a couple of hours and will meet you outside." I tell him.

"Really? Thanks." He smiles real big.

"Yeah." I nod.

The timer then goes off for the poppers, I then take them out, place them in a box and slide them over to him where picks them up and starts heading towards his movie.

I notice he left the flowers and because he wasn't looking, I picked up the flowers and smiled a little while smelling at how fresh they were.

Once my shift was through and finished locking up, I walked out in the front holding my flowers and saw him leaning back against his car in front. Damnit he looked hot!

"Hey." He approaches me.

"Hey." I replied. "Thank you for these, by the way."

"Of course." He smiles. "So uh, are you hungry? Want to eat at the diner?"

"Aren't you full?" I asked in a non-judgemental tone.

"No." He chuckled. "To be honest, that was the first thing I had to eat all day and those are more like snacks. Plus, I still have some candy left and didn't finish it all because truthfully, I was just trying to buy some time." He nervously confesses.

"Okay. Then yeah, we can go there." I agreed.

"Great." He smiled real big again.

We got into his car and he took us to the diner where there weren't many people there since it was a school night and we waited until after we ordered for him to begin talking.

"So." I started the conversation.

"Okay." He starts while breathing out.

He began explaining to me about what had happened. Including the fact he had wished he went around up and down the streets and even asked around to know where I lived but since he didn't, he was going to wait until today to explain.

It took me several moments to see if he was being serious or giving me a typical excuse. However, the more I looked into his eyes, the more I started thinking that maybe he was being genuine.

Before I could say anything, the waitress brought us our food and shakes and set them down in front of us. Then after she left I replied.

"I can't believe I'm going to say this but, I believe you. I don't know why but I just do." I admit.

"I'm glad. I was so scared and a bit sick to my stomach. Then today when I Dana and her bitch friends about to fight you I just....I just lost it." He says.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well, before you walked away, I told them off. Told them to leave you alone and me as well." He tells me.

Really? He stood up for me? Defended me against the popular kids? Is that really possible?

Next thing I notice is him reaching over and placing his hand on top of mine. We then look into each other's eyes before we start eating.

When he drove me towards my car near the theater, I made sure he got my number and address.

"Thanks again for dinner and the flowers and for explaining." I smile.

"Thanks for listening and giving me a chance." He says.

We both stand there for a moment and things start to get a little awkward. I want to kiss him but am not sure if I should or....

"Well, goodnight Jayne. I'll see you tomorrow." He tells me.

I felt disappointed. Is he not going to kiss me? What happened to Mr. Confident Badboy who didn't need permission to make a move? Maybe I should make a move.

I didn't say anything and instead, wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips onto his, leading to us making out for a while.

His lips are so soft. My body trembled as his hands moved up and down my back, wanting them to explore the rest of my body. I was melting in his arms. I was getting....hot.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)