CHAPTER 38: Wade

What the hell just happened?! Oh my god, I lost it. I lost control of my temper and nearly hurt everyone, including Jayne.

After I finally came to, Aunt Elizabeth looked at me before having us all go inside and as we began walking in, I noticed Rocky was limping a little. I knew right away it was because of me.

"I'm sorry man." I apologize.

"It's all good. Don't worry, you're gonna get better." He smiled.

I'm gonna get better? What does that mean?!

Once inside, we all sit in the living room and begin talking.

"Aunt Elizabeth, why do I become like that? WHAT do I become?" I ask her. "What has nobody told me?"

"We thought you would never develop that part. We truly believed over the years that eventually, it would go away or at least you would be able to have more control over it. But since you never were told or fully trained and made aware of your abilities, long enough to train, it may be too late." She mumbles the last part. 

"What might be too late?" I asked.

"Your father's dad, your grandfather, he never approved of your parents relationship. He always thought your father could have somebody better. Somebody who was more his kind." She started.

"But your parents, they loved each other so much. I had never seen your mother so happy or anyone look at others the way your father and mother looked at each other." She begins smiling. "You see, your father's mother, she died immediately after giving birth to your father. So he was left alone to be raised by his dad. His father happened to be the leader of dark Sorcery. Your father was always ashamed and never liked what his father did to others so he believed all magic was bad. Your mother never told him or showed him who she was until after they married."

"So that's why he never wanted to teach me? Okay, but I still don't understand why I have this type of temper and rage." I mention.

"Because his father had a curse placed upon you. Before your father ran away to the states with your mother, he told his dad that he would never do magic again or be anything like him and take over the so called 'family business'. His father of course wasn't pleased and placed a curse upon their children."

"I don't believe this." I mutter.

"Listen to me. Wade, you have every right to feel and think whatever you want to about your father but he really and truly has tried to protect you." She tries reassuring me.

Before I was able to say anything else, we heard the front door open up and in rushed my father?!

"Son!" He greets me worried and wraps his arms around me tightly."

"Dad?!" I replied shocked.

We then pulled apart and looked at each other.

"Come on son." He begins until I stop him.

"Come where?! With you?! Thanks but no thanks. I am staying right here. Besides, you kicked me out, remember?!" I reminded him as I rip my arm from his grasp.

"I...." He started but then snapped his head over at Aunt Elizabeth and glared at her before stepping towards her.

"Well, hello..." She greeted him with a smile.

"How dare you! I warned you about contacting him." He starts threatening but I stop immediately.

"How dare she?! How dare she?!" I repeated upset. "You are the one who needs to apologize and are in no position to be threatening! You kept this all from me. You made a choice for me that I never got a chance to choose on my own!" I snapped at him.

"Son, there is more to this world than you understand." He tries to tell me.

"Save it! You have spent the past several years of my life, hiding the fact of who I truly am. You tried so hard making me forget about everything mom used to try and teach me. You even resented her for it." I tell him while fighting back tears.

"That's not it at all." He tries to explain.

"I don't see any other explanation. I bet you allowed her to die." I mention.

The entire room becomes silent and even my Aunt looks at me as though I never should have said that.

"Wade..." She starts.

"What?! You're gonna defend him too now?! You're the one who told me...." I started but she stopped me.

"I know what I said and it was all true but what happened to your mother was never your father's fault." She says firmly. "You don't know as much as you think you do."

"I wonder why?! You all are hypocritical and assume you know what's best for me it sounds but, neither of you know shit! Who the hell ever gave any of you the right a d permission to decide my fate?! And I'm sorry, but I don't care whatever 'deal' you all made with my mother before she died or request she had because you know what? You all have kept things from me that I should have been told about since I was little. So I suggest you all start telling me what's going on and this time, don't leave shit out. Otherwise, I'll leave and you guys will never see me again." I threatened.

I didn't want it to get to that point but I feel I had no other choice. Besides, don't I have a right?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)