CHAPTER 14: Wade

I have been beating myself up ever since we got back from the desert a few days ago because I had broken my phone by not removing it out from my pocket before sitting down on it while driving home.

I don't blame Jayne if she was upset with me since I have been trying to get a new phone and am sure had tried to contact me but couldn't.

After getting the new phone, I didn't have her number and this unfortunately wasn't THAT small of a town to where I could just ask people where she lived, especially not Dana and all of them. So I figured I would just wait until today at school and explain to her what happened.

This morning, I had asked my friends if they would do me a favor when they saw her to let her know what happened and that I wanted to talk and explain to her about everything. Because just my luck, my car battery was dead this morning. So I had to hurry and run all the way to the bus stop and then into class, since my friends went earlier than me.

When I finally arrived, I had made it just in time for first period and once I saw her, I could tell she was upset but tried to hide it.

Throughout the entire class, I couldn't stop looking at her. I need for her to know the truth and believe me. Even if that meant we wouldn't be together anymore or friends. But I wanted to be with her. I wanted to officially make her my girlfriend today. But now I don't know.

All throughout the day I tried to get to her but she ignored me whenever calling out her name and I couldn't make it to her through the crowds. Especiay when Dana and her friends stopped me.

Then today at lunch, I was going to find her and I was going to make sure she knew what all had REALLY happened.

When I walked outside, I noticed people were standing around watching something. Then as Rocky, Jimmy and I both made our way over to see what was going on, that's when I saw Dana covered in red liquid upset while glaring at Jayne, who was closing her eyes as if she was bracing herself before getting hit.

I quickly stepped in and stepped in front of Jayne.

"What the hell is going on?!" I asked.

Everybody looked surprised as Dana remained angry as well as her best friend.

"Get out of the way." Dana seethes.

"No! You all have been assholes to this girl for too damn long and need to back the hell off!" I warn her and the rest of them.

"But baby..." Her best friend tries and cooes at me.

"Don't!" I snapped at her. "You need to stop telling people bullshit lies about you and me. There isn't a you and me and NEVER will be!" I replied. "Besides, I'm with..." I began to say and turned to look at Jayne before announcing to everybody it was her, but she was gone. Damnit!

"You have some other girl?!" She asks in a  jealous and pissed off tone.

"Yeah! Now you all listen to me, you are never to come near her again, understood?!" I warn them.

"Don't threaten us! Remember......" Dana fires back.

"Oh I'm not threatening, it's a promise!  If either of you come near her again, you all will regret it. Especially you. You of all people should also know better than to try and threaten me." I tell Dana, in which she knows exactly what I mean too.

Next my friends and I start walking off and they grab themselves some food while I go and try to find Jayne then caught up with them afterwards.

It took me a little while before I found her sitting on the side of the school building. Was she crying? Oh my god, I hate knowing I caused any of this.

I started to debate back and forth in my head if rather or not I should say anything or just leave her alone and give her some time to herself but something quickly pushed me enough to take in a deep breath then let it out and start slowly walking towards her.

I know I fucked up and should have gone up and down every street looking for her or try and ask around (now that I think of it a little more). But it doesn't matter now. All that truly matters is me trying to make sure she knows what really happened with the hope of her forgiving me and giving me another chance.

I just hope she doesn't turn me away or tell me to 'fuck off'. Even though, again, I would more than understand if she decided to do just that.

Well, here goes nothing, I guess.....Fingers crossed.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)