She'll Be With Me

Third Person POV -

After Thalia left, Esther was left worried. She knew that the story that she was going to feed to her family was kinda ridiculous because how exactly can someone not notice that they are pregnant. She also knew that this baby was going to be really powerful once born. Of course, she could help her with controlling and learning magic, but what was she supposed to do about her being a demigod. The time for second thoughts was over though. All she knew was that she needed to protect this child and raise her as if she were her's. Esther wasted no more time and she immediately went to tell her family the news.

Esther's POV -

I hurried back home and started preparing dinner for everybody. My husband and children were going to be arriving soon. I tended to my baby Henrik just as my children arrived.

"Hello Mother" said Elijah. "Good afternoon mom" said Kol and Rebekah. Finn came to me and gave me a light side hug. They all sat down then. "Where is your brother?" I asked. "Klaus said he was going to be a little late. He's picking up more wood" said Elijah. I immediately felt worried for him. I hope he comes back soon before Mikael arrives.

"Rebekah darling, may you help me with Henrik please" I asked. "Of course mother" replied Rebekah. Just as everybody sat down, my husband Mikael arrived. The mood was tense and the air filled with tension. "Welcome darling" I told him. "Good afternoon father" said my children. Mikael just nodded, but then he frowned. "Where is Niklaus" he said in a low voice. Just as he said that, Klaus walked in. "Good afternoon Mother, Father" Klaus said looking at each of his parents. "Where were you" Mikael said. "Mikael he was just-", I began, but he soon gave me a glare. I stayed quiet. "Do I have to repeat myself again" Mikael said with a raised voice. "No father, I was just collecting some more wood for my mother" Klaus said quickly. "Is this true Esther" Mikael questioned me. "Yes" I replied. Mikael eyed Klaus skeptically, but he just decided to sit down then. "Son, you can leave the wood in the shed" I told Klaus with a small smile. He replied and left.

Once Klaus came back, everybody started eating. Ok, I have to say it now before anyone leaves.

"Everybody, I have an important announcement to make" I said. I immediately caught everybody's attention then. "What is it Mother" questioned Elijah. "I, I am pregnant. This Sunday I will be at 7 months" I finally got out. Everybody was silent. "Congratulations mother" said Rebekah excitedly as she stood up to hug me. Elijah and Finn smiled. Klaus smiled too, but he still seemed tense because of his father. "Don't you guys think it was a little too soon to have another baby" said Kol looking at Henrik. "Kol!" Rebekah scolded him. I gave a small smile to my son, but I was still awaiting my husband's response.

"Boys, you'll have to wake up sooner from now on. A new baby is coming and soon. Congratulations my dear" Mikael finally said. "Thank you" I said nervously.

I looked at Klaus and I saw that he had a look of confusion. I think he knows that something is wrong here, but he just can't quite put his finger to it.

•••The Next Day•••

With Mikael's words clear, I woke up and saw nobody was at home except for Rebekah, Henrik, and me. I got up and did my usual routine and went about my day. Rebekah was taking care of Henrik while I cooked and baked the bread. As I was putting the tray into the oven, I sensed someone outside. "Rebekah stay inside and take a look at the food for some minutes please. I'll be right back" I said as I placed my apron on the chair. I went to the back of the house and I saw a tall tan man. The first thing that came to mind was the baby.

"Are you Esther Mikaelson" the mysterious man asked me. "Yes, I am" I replied back. He then got closer and looked at my face. His eyes then went down to my belly. "Your the baby's father aren't you" I asked. He looked up then. "Yes, I am" he said proudly. "I'm sorry. For your loss. I can see that you loved her a lot" I told him. "Thank you. Uh yes I did. Look I'm sorry, but I actually came here to talk with you about my daughter" he said. "I can't talk for too long. My daughter and my baby are inside and I'm currently cooking" I said. "Don't worry I will make it short. I just came to tell you that once my daughter is born, I will be taking her with me" he said. I was in shock. I haven't had this baby for even a full week and I'm already being told that they will be taken away. "With all due respect sir, don't you think the baby should stay with me. After all, Thalia left her in care to me. And in case you haven't heard or noticed, but everybody knows I'm pregnant and they think this baby is mine" I said with a speed that even surprised me. "Just say that the baby died" he said. I scoffed. I knew I was being selfish, but I just couldn't help it. This baby isn't mine. This baby belongs with her real family, but why I do feel like I need to keep her. "Sir, I won't be handing you this baby. You can come see her anytime you want. But, you will not take her away from me. I will raise her as if she were my daughter. Maybe you should take into consideration Thalia's decisions. Have a good day" I told him. I turned and headed back inside without looking back.

"Mama, who was that man you were talking with" Rebekah asked me. "He's just a passing seller. He needed directions. Now come on darling, we have to have everything ready for the full moon tonight. As soon as your brothers and your father arrive, we will head to the cave" I told her. "Yes mama" Rebekah said.

Please I hope I made the right decision. May you rest in peace Thalia..