Contacted

Katalina's POV -

The next 2 days went by slowly. Alec took me to see Jane and I was in tears once I saw her. We caught up and I told her everything too. Although, in this case, we didn't get into an argument like Alec and I did earlier. But, Jane also asked about Demetri. I was so confused. What does Demetri have to do with all of this? I'm just starting to get to know the guy. It's not like we have a growing strong bond. We were currently walking back to Demetri's room since he had told Alec that I wasn't allowed anywhere outside of his bedroom and the balcony. Like, excuse me, what?? But whatever, in order for everything to go right I have to listen to him. "What do you wish to eat?" Alec asked as we entered. "Uhmm, anything is fine. Besides seafood though, I can't eat seafood" I replied with a laugh at the end. "Of course, although, I also know you aren't a huge fan of meat though too" he chuckled. My cheeks flushed. I didn't really want to say anything since I didn't want to put him through more trouble. Even if it was something simple as food preferences. "Yeah, you're right" I said. He nodded, "Well then I'll tell the cook and I'll be back shortly". I nodded in reply with a small smile. As he closed the door, I thought about what Alec and Jane could've meant about telling Demetri? I really don't understand and I feel like they are hiding something from me. I need to figure out what exactly they won't tell me and I also need to contact my family secretly. I can do a spell, but I couldn't risk being seen. How can I distract them long enough in order for me to perform the spell? Either way, I have to contact them tonight.

Alec came back with a plate of food and I ate in silence. I finished and somebody came to pick up the plate. "Oh that's fine, sir. I can take it" I smiled towards the guard. He didn't let go of the plate and he simply just looked at Alec. "You may leave us now" Alec said without a care. I rolled my eyes at Alec. Once the guard left, I turned towards Alec, "Really, you may leave us now?" I laughed. He eyed me and turned back, "What? I'm sure you do that too". I laughed lightly. I went to the balcony and looked at the night sky. "Alec?" I called. He stood next to me, "Yes..?". I was debating whether I should even ask him. I knew he wasn't going to tell me anything, but I have to try at least. "Do you know why Demetri is keeping me here?" I asked. Alec looked at me and for a second it seemed like he was going to tell me, but he stopped himself before he could. "Alec, if you know anything, please tell me" I urged. "Even if I could, I don't think I want to" he said finally. I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean if you could you still wouldn't?". "Let's not speak about the matter" he said. "Alec, I am being kept here against my will. Someone could at least tell me why" I scoffed. He looked down and a flash of guilt crossed his face. I shook my head in annoyance and walked back inside. Alec reached for me, but he then put his hand down. Before I could make it to the bed, I felt a sudden force stop me. I felt empty. Not completely, but as if something was just stripped away from me. I felt a sudden minor pain on my wrists. The one with my trident mark. I immediately panicked. Alec frowned, "Is something wrong?". "I don't know, but I think he's in trouble" I said with panic. "Who? Who is in trouble?" he questioned. I looked up at him. Should I tell him? I looked at my mark and he looked at it too. "What is it Katalina? Tell me, please" he said with worry. I felt tears coming again, but I couldn't let myself be seen like that again. "You need to let me leave. I need to go back. I need to go" I said. He sighed, "Katalina, you already know you-" he started. "Know that I "can't" leave, Alec! You want to know what's wrong?! Someone I love is hurt and I need to help. I can't do that being stuck here!!" I cried. Alec tried calming me down, "Katalina, please, lower down your voice. They can hear!!, he said sternly. "Leave me alone Alec" I said while putting a hand to my head. "Katalina please just-", "I said, leave me alone Alec" I cut him off. He looked at me and then left. As he left, I muttered a silence spell. No one would be able to hear me now. I grabbed a pen and a piece of paper. I wrote down everything I could fast enough and I started saying the spell. I opened my hands and the paper wasn't there anymore. "Now let's hope it gets to where I need it to be" I muttered.

Nico's POV -

Ever since Katalina's and Percy's disappearance, we've all been extremely worried. Katalina's siblings have arrived from New Orleans to Camp Half-Blood and were helping us look for them. I was so frustrated, I couldn't even concentrate. Annabeth looked just as frustrated as I. I embraced her in my arms, "It's ok, Annabeth. You can cry, I'm here". I could feel him looking at us. I glanced at Katalina's siblings and I saw that Klaus was looking at us. If it weren't for him sending her to Italy to fix some of his so called "business" with someone, she could've been here wtih me now. "I know what you're thinking" he said. I scoffed harshly, "Great". "Look Nico, right now all we can do is try to find her..", he stopped and looked at Annabeth, " and Percy with everything that we have. There is no time for arguing" he finished. "You were the one who got us into all this mess" I said sarcastically. He glared at me, "Katalina was to come back in 2 months or even more earlier. I had nothing to do with Percy's disappearance!". I was about to say something again but Annabeth stopped me. "Nico, please, we need to focus on finding them" she said. I couldn't be there anymore, so I stormed out of there to my cabin. I slammed the door and I burst into tears. After some minutes, I wiped my eyes with the sleeves of my sweater and I noticed a small piece of paper on my bed. I frowned as I stepped towards it. I grabbed it and I read it. My eyes widened and I ran back to the Big House. They all looked at me with alarm evident in their faces. "What is it Nico?" Elijah asked.

I raised my hand with the piece of paper, "It's Katalina, she's contacted me".