Welcome to your first demigod journey...

Demetri's POV -

Everything has really been boring and fun in a way here for me. I mean, everything that I am discovering and learning about is fascinating, but I just really wanted to see Katalina. I haven't seen her since she's left and just the thought of knowing that she's with Nico angers me. I was packing some stuff into a bag because we would be leaving tomorrow. I was assigned to Annabeth's group so she can keep training me along the way, as well as Alec. Grover and Percy's Cyclop brother would be heading another way. There was a knock at the door, "Hey, you ready?" Jason yelled. I finished putting in the last of my stuff and headed out, "Yeah..". "So I heard your a vampire right? I mean I'm not judging. Like the missing guys brother is a Cyclop and its all good with me, in a sense I guess" Jason rambled on. I glanced at him with confusion and he just continued. "So are you like Katalina type of vampire or...?" he questioned. "No, I'm a different type, but we're not too much different" I said while looking straight. He nodded, "So, I noticed you and that friend of yours, Alec, are pretty close. Do you by any chance...like boys?" Jason asked curiously. My eyes widened and I stopped and looked at him. "What are these questions?? Alec is like a brother to me" I exclaimed. He smirked, "I see..., but you didn't answer my question exactly. So if your ever looking for a date, you know where to find me, like literally" he chuckled. I gave him a stunned look, "Aren't you with that girl Piper? And, aren't you like a really serious guy too? Why are you being like this?" I bombarded him. "1. Things are complicated right now with us both, 2. Yes, I am serious, but I get tired of being like that sometimes, and lastly, 3. Your cute" he shrugged. I gave him a look and kept walking. Jason just snickered and followed me. I literally thought that he was the straightest guy I've ever met in my life, but now I'm not so sure.

We made it to the Big House and we saw the rest there. "Hey man" Alec patted me on the back. I stuck to Alec hard and I glanced at Jason and I saw him wink at me. I shivered and let it go. "Well you all know why you are here, so I will just try to keep it short. You all need to be careful out there and always look out for each other. I trust you all to do the right things and I really hope you all come back here alive" Chiron spoke. Leo and Piper shifted their feet in nervousness. "Don't worry Chiron, I'll make sure to keep everything under control" Annabeth responded to him. He nodded, "Of course, you all also know that Katalina and Nico have gone to New Orleans for help, and they recently have contacted me with some newfound information" Chiron continue. I immediately perked up at the mention of Katalina and I payed full attention. Alec chuckled besides me and I just nudged him. Chiron pulled out a map and handed it over to Annabeth, "They have located Percy around this area. Even though we don't know exactly where he is, we know the area we should be looking in. But, there's another thing. It seems that the place where he is at, it is being guarded by certain magic or the mist. It will be difficult to find him and maybe get through the barrier, but I trust you all to know what to do" Chiron smiled warmly. I looked at Annabeth and I saw relief wash over her. Her heartbeat had accelerated a bit and I felt happy for her. At least she would be getting her love back.

We discussed a bit more and finally it was time to go. We all started leaving the room, but Chiron called for Annabeth. "Annabeth, I need you to stay back for a moment" he said Annabeth gave him a confused look but stayed behind. I didn't want to eavesdrop, but when I heard Chiron say Katalina's name, I just needed to know what was up. "What is it Chiron?" she asked him. Chiron pulled out an envelope and handed it to her, "Katalina told me to give you this. She said it's grave that you read it and to not let anyone get their hands on it". "Is everything fine?" she asked while taking the envelope. Her voice was laced with concern and confusion. Chiron sighed, "I don't know child. She didn't tell me anything, so I assume this is only for you to know" he said. Annabeth nodded, "I understand, thank you Chiron". What are they talking about? What is it that Katalina only wants Annabeth to know?

I waited for Annabeth to come out and once I saw her, I instantly hurried to her. Annabeth jumped back, "Demetri! Your still here?" she asked shocked. "I just wanted to ask you about something.." I lied. We walked anywhere, "Yeah sure, what is it?" she questioned. I started to panic for no reason and I just blurted out the first thing that came to mind, "Do you think Alec and I look like a couple?". Annabeth looked at me, "What do you mean? I thought you said-". "No, no, no, gods no! I don't like Alec that way, its just...you know what...I wanted to ask you about Katalina" I admitted. Annabeth froze for a moment, but she quickly regained composure as if it never happened. "What do you want to know?" she asked, a hint of nervousness hidden deep within her words. I decided to just tell the truth since I knew she would figure it out anyway. "I actually overheard your conversation with Chiron. I can't say I didn't mean to, but when I heard Katalina's name, I couldn't help myself.." I said. She looked at me and sighed, "Demetri, I can't tell you anything, you already know that". "I know that, it's just..it's hard with her being away" I begged. Annabeth gave me a small smile and I mentally slapped my forehead. "I'm sorry, I know the situation your in and I-". She raised a hand and waved it off, "It's fine Demetri, look I have to go make sure everyone is ready for our departure tonight. I'll see you later ok?" she said. I nodded, "Yeah..". Why do you say such things Demetri?!

Soon it was time for us all to leave and we met at the resting place of Festus, Leo's mechanical dragon. Everyone had a look of nervousness and even a little bit of fear, but the only one who was able to hide that was Annabeth. Her face only shown determination and readiness, with a hint of nervousness hidden. I admired her for that. "You all should be very careful and always take care of each other. I hope for the best and I wish to see you all in one piece alive" Chiron smiled. We all gave him a weak smile, but we tried to not let our real feelings be seen. After some farewells, we started leaving the camp. I saw Annabeth give one final hug to Chiron. "Be safe my child" he told her. "How can a demigod be?" Annabeth chuckled. They both smiled at each other and we left.

"Everything ok?" I asked while walking towards Annabeth. Without looking at me she responded, "Everything's fine..". The air blew her hair and she looked very powerful. "So, where we are heading first. May I know where?" I questioned. Annabeth smirked, "Oh you'll see...Welcome to your first demigod journey".

Authors Note -

So I know it's only seven demigods in the prophecy, but please understand I need Demetri and Alec here :]

For You, I Could Be AnythingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara