My Best Friend

Demetri's POV -

We were in the kitchen and I was pulling out different kitchen materials. She took a seat on a nearby stool and she watched me. I'm glad that I got to know her a little bit better. I don't want to say I like her though that way yet. Because first of all, she's only 17, and second of all, I can't say so quickly that I like or even love someone that way so quickly. I won't deny though that I do feel a strong connection in between us. An unbreakable connection.

"So where'd you learn how to cook" she asked while standing right next to me. I looked at her and then turned back towards what I was making, "I taught myself. There really isn't much to do here to be honest. Whenever I watch TV, I memorize what they're doing". "Really? That's nice" she replied while staring at my movements. I secretly smiled.

"Mmm, this is so good. Wow, you sure you just memorized" she said while taking another bite out of the food. I looked down, "Yeahh". "Ha, you're a shy one huh. Underneath that flirty side of you, lies a shy vampire" she said while chuckling. I raise an eyebrow, "Oh really now", I said while taking a step forward. "Now now darling, you don't wanna catch a case" she said while pointing her fork at me while smirking. I stepped back with a chuckle. "So do you have any late night plans" she asked. I leaned against the counter, "Maybe". She looked up with interested eyes. "Really? What were you planning on doing or going?", she started playing with her fork. I snickered. I knew she would start acting like this. For some reason, I just knew. "Now that's only for me to know" I said while taking her plate and placing it in the sink. She humphed. Haha, she looked so cute. "Oh cmon, you gotta tell me" she said while crossing her arms. I shook my head lightly, "Now why would I do that?". She stopped and thought for awhile. I finished washing the dishes and stuck a hand out for her. She grabbed it and stepped down from the stool. "Because we're trying to be friends and we're getting to know each other" she finally replied. We walked through the halls and made it to my room. "That is true, but we don't always tell everything do we. For example, I have a feeling you haven't told me everything about you, have you?" I continued. She looked away, "I guess..".

I put on my coat as I was getting ready to leave. Katalina was sitting down on the bed watching me. "You really aren't going to tell me, are you?" she asked. "Sorry darling, you probably don't even want to know what I will be doing" I said while grabbing my favorite cologne. "Ok fine, I'll take your word on that" she said while heading to the bathroom. I called Gianna and made sure she knew what to do when I left. After some minutes, Katalina came out of the bathroom. I checked my wristwatch and saw that I was going to be late. "Well I'll be heading now darling. Stay out of trouble and have a good night's sleep" I said while heading towards the bedroom's door. I then heard fast movement, "Wait!!", she called. I turned back and she walked to me with careful steps. "You stay safe ok and come back soon" she said while trying to hold eye contact with me, but failing to do so as she looked down with a faint blush. I felt something ignite in me, "Of course, don't worry", I smiled. "I must be holding you back. You should go, goodnight" she said while motioning me to go. I chuckled, "Ok, goodnight".

"I'm telling you Alec, she's amazing" I said while wiping off the dripping blood from my lips. "Who? That girl you just killed or your soulmate" he said while tossing over another body. "Of course my soulmate, who else" I said. He looked at me with an amused look, "So you accept she's your soulmate huh. Oh my dear brother has finally decided to settle down", he said while looking at the sky. I punched him lightly on the arm, "Stop, I can't see her that way fully until she's 18. She's still a minor and I won't think of her that way as long as she's a child, that's just wrong". "You're right you're right and ummm OW! That hurt, have you been working out more?" he asked while massaging his arm. "No, I think I'm just stronger than you" I laughed. "Haha funny" he said with a slightly annoyed look, but I knew he wanted to laugh too. "I want you to meet her" I told him. "What? You want me to meet her?" he asked while we ran to the castle. "Yes, I think you both would get along very well" I said. He nodded, "If you say so". "I was also going to ask you. Since I'm heading on a quick mission on the day after tomorrow with Felix, I was wondering whether you could maybe look after her?" I said while looking away with innocence. He stopped then. "You want me to babysit her?" he asked incredulously. "Well, not exactly babysit her, but just keep an eye on her. I don't really fully trust Gianna with her. And besides, you could take that time to get to know her too" I said happily. "Sorry brother, but I'm afraid I can't" he said while walking away. My shoulders slumped, "But Aleccc, pleaseeee....don't you love me?" I said with a pout. I know Alec denies it, but I know that he softens more on me when I act cute. "Stop that" he said while looking away. "Alec?" I repeated. "Ok fine. But, you better come with me next time Jane wants to go shopping. She makes me carry all of her stuff" he pointed a finger at me. I laughed, "Fine fine, now let's go home".

The Next Day -

Katalina's POV -

I watched Demetri, again, as he packed some clothes. "Now where are you going?" I asked. "Aro has issued a quick meeting that I and a friend must conduct" he said while going around the room. I sighed. Just when we were starting to talk, he leaves. I kicked my feet against the air, "Do you have to go?", I asked quietly. He was at my feet all of a sudden. He looked at me with those dreamy eyes of his, "Sorry love, but it will be quick. I'll be back before you know it. Actually, one of my friends will be here soon" he smiled. I frowned, "A friend?'. He nodded, "Yup, he's my best friend. Don't worry he's nice", he checked his watch, "I have to leave now. Stay out of trouble and get a good night's sleep". I nodded, "Ok". He ruffled my hair, "Good". We stood up and I gave Demetri a quick hug. "Keep yourself safe. Don't do anything stupid either". He chuckled, "I won't. I always win". We let go and he picked up his bag, "We'll I'll be on my way darling. Don't cause too much trouble". I smiled, "yeah..". "Ok bye then" he said waving a hand. "Bye" I replied.

I watched as he left. "There's something you should know Demetri. I always win too", I said while raising a little my chin.

I laid on the bed reading one of Demetri's books. "I wonder when Demetri's friend will arrive" I muttered. I flipped another page in the book and then shortly after, I heard a light knock on the door. "You can come in"  I said. I got up from the bed fixing myself. "Hi, I'm Demetri's friend. My name is.." he froze then. I looked up at him and my eyes widened. I felt a strong grip on my heart. It felt like time stopped for awhile and both of us said nothing.

"A-Alec" I stuttered.

"Katalina, my darling Katalina" he replied.