No one like me

Nico's POV -

Katalina ran to Leo and immediately engulfed him into a hug. "Leo! I'm so glad your ok" she breathed out against his neck. Leo smiled, but I noticed it looked force, not the usual mischievous one. He patted her on the back and Katalina stepped away. Apparently I wasn't the only one who noticed. Katalina glanced at me and I just shrugged my shoulders, I had no clue either. "Are we ready to go to Epirus?" I asked. Everybody nodded, but again Leo looked hesitant. Jason and Demetri propped him up and began walking towards the Argo ll, chatting all the way. Alec, Piper, Hazel, and Frank hurried right after them. Which means that that left...Katalina and I alone.

"How's your hand feeling?" she asked as we walked behind them. "Good as new" I smiled. She nodded and looked away. "Hey" "Hey" we both said at the same time. We looked away, both of our faces flushing red. "You can go first" again we both said it at the same time. She smiled and before she could say anything, I spoke. "I want to fix what we have together" I said fast. "How exactly?" she nervously asked. "What I mean is that, we both have done some pretty bad things. Well, I mean I can't really stop you from feeling a certain way, but it still hurt me. And I know that I hurt you with not telling you where Percy was. I want to fix my mistakes and regain your trust again...and if you would like...get back together?" I closed my eyes fearfully. I heard a soft chuckle emit from her and I opened my eyes slowly. "I don't recall us ever breaking up" she said with amusement. I smiled, "I just thought you didn't want anything to do with me anymore" I scratched the back of my neck. She took a few steps forward making my heartbeat increase. "I want everything to do with you Nico. And I also want to fix my mistakes and regain your trust. I was there ever since the beginning and I intend to be there until the end" she looked me in the eyes so seriously. I felt my cheeks heating up and I immediately dove in and kissed her. She flinched in surprise but instantly kissed back. I wrapped my arms around her tightly and deepened the kiss. Right when I was about to slide my tongue into her mouth, I heard Leo and Jason whistling. "Hurry it up lovebirds! We are still fighting against the world, like literally!" Leo teased. Katalina and I parted and a low laugh left her now red lips. I smiled in happiness, "We can continue once all this is over". She blushed, "I second that".

"We're here" Katalina and I announced. "Wow, I didn't know you had underwordly powers too Lina" Leo said with wide eyes. I raised an eyebrow at the nickname and I glanced at Katalina. "I don't, I can just sense Percy is near, y'know...sibling things" she replied. Leo nodded as we got closer. They all had grim looks on their faces but I knew they were determined. "It's going to get hard" I looked at each one of them. "Oh you bet it is" Leo grinned and he then proceeded onto a joke. I gave him a blank stare and he shut up. I handed Katalina some barley and we both chewed. I looked at Jason as I handed him the chalice, "I trust you" I muttered to him. Jason gave me a small smile and handed the chalice to the others, "Eat up guys". As soon as they finished, I sensed the doors were opening every twelve minutes. "Every twelve minutes" I said. Katalina looked at me, "I can feel the pain Nico, their entering even more danger" she pained. I caressed her head, "Don't worry, we'll make it out, all of us". I grabbed her hand and we stepped inside.

"Woah, ok! Looks like you knew I was coming!" Katalina swung at a monster that was running towards her. I laughed, but I was instantly cut off when another monster almost ran into me. We all jabbed and slashed and I raised some ghosts. "Fight them and protect us!!" Jason yelled at them but they just floated in the air. "Why aren't they listening?!" Piper screamed. "It's because they sense he is no longer Roman" Katalina yelled back. I looked at Jason and then at Frank. "I...uhh...fight them!" Frank ordered the ghosts. I watched as some of them did as he asked, but the others just stayed still. "Jason, promote Frank to praetor!" I yelled. Jason listened and I just kept fighting. All of a sudden, I saw a flurry of ghosts wisp past us towards the monsters. I smiled, "That's more like it. Let's turn this tide!".

I kept raising the dead and legionnaires with the scepter and finally we were done. Everybody was out of breath but we had to keep going. "Come on!" I told them and they followed. "Where's Katalina?" Jason asked while looking around. "She's-" I stopped as I heard Demetri starting to say something too. I looked at him and he just had a hard stare. "She went with Hazel and Leo" I answered. Frank looked at both of us confused as Jason muttered something into his ear. Whatever Jason told him must've been enough since let he out an 'Ohh' after. "Come on, we can't waste time" I turned back. I had my sword drawn and I absorbed all the darkness. I stopped in my track as I saw the two worn out individuals. "P-Percy....Annabeth" I stuttered. Percy looked up, "Hey, I knew you would keep your promise" he smirked. I looked down at my feet and nodded shyly. "Brother, your making him shy" Katalina chuckled. Percy smiled up at her with love. "Let's get out of here" Jason said. We all nodded and I went to help Annabeth.

Once I shadowed traveled everyone back, with the help of Hazel, we stood on a hillside outside of the temple. Katalina was hugging Percy and Annabeth and she wouldn't leave their side. A smile tugged at my lips seeing her with them. The Argo ll soon landed and Coach Hedge jumped out. "Hey fellas! Glad you survived!" he laughed with glee. We smiled and then I noticed that Reyna was here too. "Reyna?" I said. "Nico" she greeted. "Who's hungry?" Hedge asked. We all looked at him, "Ok ok, find a seat" he hurried us. I grabbed Katalina and strode her away from everybody. "So soon?" Leo teased with a hand on his chest. I blushed, "You should get that dirty mind of yours cleansed Leo" Katalina laughed. Leo fake fainted and he dropped into Piper's arms. "Someone help me" he dramatically gasped. I shook my head at him and we left.

Katalina and I talked more about us and finally we had finished. "I'm really sorry for keeping secrets away from you" I apologized. She shook her head, "You weren't the only one. I shouldn't have either and there are actually more I wish to tell you" she said. I frowned, "What is it?". "You know how I told you about how I was "born" again. Well the witch who did that to me, she's coming back and I don't...I can't...I'm scared Nico" she teared up. I wrapped her into my arms, "Ssh, I'm here" I comforted. She looked up at me, "I'm scared she'll find out about you Nico, I can't stand the thought of.." she started shaking in my hold. "Hey, hey, nothing is going to happen to me. I'm here with you and I'll protect you" I caressed her tear stained cheeks. "Nico, it's not about protecting me, I just...I need to find a way to get rid of her...forever". "Are you any close to something?" I hesitantly asked. She sighed, "Freya and I, we came up with something, but I'm not sure if it will work. We feel like there's something missing, but I just can't place it" she grumbled. "Is there anything I can help with?" I asked. "There could possibly be, but I'm not sure. This is the thing though, we know how to kill her, but keeping her dead is what's troubling us" she sounded so angry and I could feel a sort of aura pulsing from her. She froze for a moment and I could see her shoulders shaking. "Katalina" I called. She put a hand up and I stopped. After a minute she sighed deeply, "I also wanted to tell you this other thing" she mumbled. "What is it?" it came out more like a whisper and I had a feeling I already knew what she meant.. "It will be happening soon" she said. "I know.." I stepped closer to her. She took a step back and I frowned. "I'm afraid that I'll hurt you. Back then, I wasn't much of a nice person. The real me isn't the Katalina you met" she explained. I chuckled, "Katalina, you won't hurt me. And besides, you decide who you are. Who you are now and who you were in the past are you. You'll still be the same person tomorrow and the day after that and so far so forth. Your actions back then might have not been the best, but you can still be who you want to be the next day. We can't let what we have done in the past stop us, you keep going and be who you want to be, which can be for the better or for the worse. In your case, the better because I know your not a bad person" I finished my speech by releasing the oxygen I had held inside me. Katalina smirked at me, "Why was that so sexy?". I blushed hard, "H-hey! That was supposed to b-be uplifiting" I stuttered. She wrapped her arms around my waist and kissed my cheek, "I know, I'm sorry. It's just, your so cute". I blushed harder, "Why don't we head back" she said while dragging me way. I stopped and she turned back, "What is it?". "I just wanted to tell you that, well I know a lot of people compare you to your brother Klaus and that they usually mean that in a bad way. Your brother might not have been the best role model all the time, but I also know he isn't fully a bad guy. Everyone just has went though some hard times and well those times really take a toll on us. So what I'm trying to say is that you and your brother are not bad people, your just trying to become the best version of yourselves that you can be" I smiled. Katalina smiled softly and she seemed deep in thought. "Never have I met someone like you Nico di Angelo" she spoke warmly. I laughed lightly, "That's because there is no other me".