What do you know about Love?

Katalina's POV -

April 25, 2007

Through the enormous amount of years that passed, I lived my life as a Tribrid happily. My siblings and I traveled the world and have seen so much that not most eyes have laid their sight upon. I also changed a lot. I was much more stronger and I became cold in a sense. It came to a point where even everybody who knew about me, referred to me as Klaus's twin. We were both cold, strong, and heartless. Although I am seen as this, I believe that I am much more empathetic than my brother. My brother and I did everything together. I was his little princess. Our bond was something so special and only, nobody could break it. But, even if I was surrounded by the love of whom I love the most, there were also people out there who wanted to hurt you. Even if they were technically dead.

On August 10, 1994, I was born again. I know, I know. That's totally crazy, right? Well you see, the witch who killed my biological mom, decided to finish her job on my birthday. Nobody knows, not even me, how to kill me. So I obviously wasn't worried, but there was this little knot in my stomach that I just couldn't ignore as I stared into her dark eyes that day. Everything went so fast and I couldn't react. Thankfully though, her plan backfired. In her rage, she had said her spell wrong, and instead of killing me, she just made me go back to a baby. I know that sounds so stupid, but that's what happened. Until I reached the age that I was turned, only then I would go back to who and what I really am. My siblings always told me to think of it as another chance at human life before I turned again. Even if they said that, I would never shake off the fact that I was almost killed. And that terrified me. Nobody remembers the spell except for me. I would never let anybody's mind get to it, and I swear to that.

I was walking through the streets of New York, when I all of a sudden sensed danger. There was a monster near by! I knew that I shouldn't be out by myself and mostly even more since I didn't have Chiron's permission, but I just couldn't help accepting a challenge. I headed towards the place it was in and when I got there, the scene shocked me. There was a boy around my age fighting it. I watched as he swung at the monster with his knife with all his power. I ran to help him. At first the boy was shocked to see me, but he got over it and started fighting again. "Oh cmon man!! Leave him alone! I'm pretty sure you would prefer the sea god's daughter for dinner" I said with a smirk. The monster then turned its attention to me. "The sea god's daughter?" he questioned hungrily. I took that as my chance and I stabbed it hard in the chest. It let out a cry and it soon became just a big ol' pile of golden dust, leaving behind a beautiful diamond. I took it and I turned to the boy. He had beach waved sandy hair, striking blue eyes, and he was undeniably handsome. "Thank you so much for helping us" he said with a tired expression. I was confused, "Us?". Then he turned and he motioned at something behind a large box. Two girls then came out. The first one looked about our age too. She had shoulder length choppy black hair, electric blue eyes, and she stood with slight confidence. The other girl, looked maybe about 9. She had dark brown hair, beautiful grey eyes, and she was scared. "My name is Luke. This is Thalia and this little princess is Annabeth" he said. I was stunned. Three demigods?! All alone and hungry, and still alive? "My name is Katalina. How long have you been by yourselves?" I asked. "About 2 years" he replied while rubbing the back of his neck. "We need to get out of here. I know a place where you'll be safe. C'mon" I said. He looked at me with a look as if trying to figure me out. "How do we know if we can trust you?" Thalia asked. "I don't know. That will be up to you. All I can say is that I will protect you always" I  said. Luke nodded and picked up little Annabeth. "Lead the way princess" he said. I gave him a look, but I didn't think much of it. "Let's go"

I had met Grover on the way to camp and we were currently running through the forest because there was another monster chasing us. "Grover!! You lead them to the camp. I'll take care of it" I yelled. "Katalina, I can't just leave you!" he said. I looked at little Annabeth, she was so tired and she was trying her best to keep up. "Grover, I'm not asking you to. I'm telling you to. I'm sorry" I said. He looked worried, but he didn't say anything anymore. "Follow me" he said. Luke gave me a look. "I'm not leaving you. You helped us, so now I'll help you" he said taking out his knife. "Look, I don't expect anything in return and we are wasting time. You need to leave now!" I said. He didn't move. I looked at the rest. I approached Annabeth, "Hey darling, I want you to follow my friend, Grover, here. He will take you home". "Home?" she questioned. I nodded, "Now hurry". Soon, it was just Luke and I left. "You should've gone with them" I said while listening closely to my surroundings. "Yeah well, I think we're both going to be stuck with each other for along time. I don't want someone I love getting hurt because of me" he said while looking around. I turned my head towards him. "What do you know about love?" I said. "I know it when I see it.....and feel it" he replied. "Well then, I hope you're wrong" I said while taking a step towards the clearing. "Why?" he questioned me. "Because when I love someone, well lets just say, it doesn't end well for them". Before he could ask me another question, the monster leaped out of nowhere. We jabbed, stabbed, swung. We did everything. This monster wasn't an easy one. We then started running. "C'mon!! I know the way!" I yelled at him. He followed me. As we were running, the monster jumped onto Luke's back. "LUKE!!" I yelled. I felt furry build up inside me. I attacked the monster with everything that I had. "Leave him alone!! Its me who you want!" I screamed at him. I then stabbed it hard and it groaned in pain. I grabbed Luke and started running again. "C'mon Luke, stay with me" I said while I struggled trying to hold onto him. I don't know how I didn't notice, but the monster had gotten closer and it was closing in on us. When I finally realized, I turned and got ready to fight, but Thalia came out of nowhere and threw herself towards the monster. "THALIA!?" I yelled in confusion. Luke looked up, but his vision was turning hazy. "Thalia STOP!! Take Luke. I'll fight it" I said. "There's no time. GO!!" she said. "KATALINA" I heard Grover yell. "GROVER, GROVER!! Take him. I have to help her" I said while giving Luke to him. "Katalina please, please just come. You can't always save everybody. You can't always be the hero" he said with tears poking at his eyes. I froze. "No Kai, I didn't mean- please just-" Grover began. "Go Grover" I said. He hoisted Luke up and he left. I fought the monster with Thalia, but we were both so tired. I hated being weak. Thalia then screamed. The monster had pinned her down. My vision was getting blurry and I was fighting to stay on foot. "Thalia, were-" I brought my hands to my head. "UGGHHH!!" I yelled. "LEAVE KATALINA LEAVE" she screamed at me. No, no, no, no, no, not right now. I can't I have to help!! "Katalina please" she managed to say. I looked at her and said "I'm sorry". I mustered up all the strength I had left and ran as fast as I could. You're such a coward Katalina. SUCH A COWARD, I thought. Before I blacked out, I noticed that everything was silent.....

Authors Note:

Look I know Annabeth's real hair color is blonde, but I personally think that she should stay brunette. I'm sorry, but please just let it be. You can think its blond if you want, but I will be describing her as a brunette. Also Luke is 14 years old and Katalina is 13 years old here.'I had to change up the ages and years, I'm sorry :(