it's ok to not be ok

~Ok I'm time skipping again, sorry :,) I just don't really wanna mess up the details more than I already am~

Demetri's POV -

I certainly didn't think I would ever see Percy or Jason trying to kill each other ever in my immortal life. But thank god that issue was finally resolved. I was conflicted too on my part because a single question just kept running on my mind when I saw them battle. Who would I have saved? And if I were to be honest, I have a feeling I would've saved Percy. Jason and I aren't exactly close, but I do care at an extent for him. But, Percy is Katalina's brother..Which reminds me, we have not heard from her in a long time. I decided I would go search for Annabeth so I can ask her if she knows anything. "Annabeth, I have to go! She's my sister! I will not..I can not..and Nico" I heard Percy say distressed. I frowned as I got closer. What is going on? "Percy, trust me, I wanted to go just as soon, but I promised myself and Katalina that we would find you first" Annabeth cried. Percy was close to tears, "That dream Annabeth, I saw them. It was horrible, we need to leave immediately". "What has happened to Katalina?!" I asked while stepping in. They both looked at me and Annabeth eyes widened. "Demetri!" she exclaimed. "What has happened to Katalina?!" I repeated more loudly. "Katalina and Nico, their in..their in Tartarus" Percy was able to get out. My heart dropped, "What?? When? How?" I bombarded. I looked at Annabeth, "Did you know about this?". She nodded, "I did". Anger blared inside me and I took some steps towards her without thinking. Percy got in front of her. "What in Hades are you thinking about doing?!" Percy exclaimed. I glared at the both of them, "Why didn't you tell me?!" I raised my voice. Percy frowned, "This has nothing to do with you. You don't even know her" he spoke. I kept my eyes on Annabeth, "I do know her. I know her very well..". Percy looked at the both of us, "Is there something I'm not informed about?" he asked. Annabeth looked at me, "Demetri, I assure you that everything was thought well through-", "Thought well through?? Oh really? Or was it just you being selfish?" I cut her off. "I was not being selfish at all!! Katalina asked me to focus on Percy and I would've of even without her telling me so" she yelled. I stepped back in shock and then Alec came in. "Demetri" he said my name. I gave Annabeth one last look and I walked away. Alec walked behind me, "Hey! Where do you think your going? Demetri listen to me". He grabbed my arm and turned me around. "What has gotten into you?" he scoffed. "I'm leaving, I need to go find Katalina" I said. "Your crazy if you think your going alone" Percy said while coming up. I glared at him, "Do I have to ask you for permission, your highness? I wish to leave by myself". Percy rolled his eyes, "You won't be able to accomplish anything by yourself. You will need our help and we are a team. We do not leave our people behind" he said with so much confidence. "Well you see, that's were your wrong Jackson! I am not part of your "people". I do not have to listen to the gods, so why I should listen to their children?" I smirked. Percy laughed, "You don't have to listen to anyone. Demetri, don't let your anger get the best of you.." he ended serious. My expression fell and I stood blankly. "Demetri, if you want to save Katalina and not get yourself killed along the way, you need to listen and get a hold of yourself" Annabeth spoke. Everyone was quiet and we could only hear the breeze. "C'mon Demetri, we're a team" Alec insisted. I breathed out heavily and I nodded. I couldn't keep standing there so I left to the lower deck.

I was sitting on the bed while looking at my dagger when Annabeth came and stood at the door frame. I twirled the dagger, "You can come in, I won't hurt you. I apologize for how I acted earlier Annabeth, I didn't mean to say such things to you" I said while making eye contact with her. She smiled, "Apology accepted, although I shouldn't have to remind you Demetri that if you did wish to hurt me, I would've already disarmed you even before you started" she laughed. "Well, I'm not denying that" I chuckled. She sat right next to me, "Demetri, all we can hope for right now is that she and Nico are at least fine. Their both very lucky to have at least each other down there" she explained. I sighed slowly and kept my gaze on the ground. Annabeth looked around, "But, your not too fond of that are you? I've noticed that you haven't ever mentioned Nico in all this time. I don't want to assume, but,..you don't care what happens to Nico right? I have a feeling you even wish for him to be gone" she confessed. I gripped my dagger, "I won't lie to you Annabeth. Yes, I might not like or even care about him at all, and I do confess for wanting him to be gone, but I'm grateful she has someone else with her down there. Someone who can remind her of happiness and love, which are nowhere to be seen in Tartarus" I said. Annabeth gave me a small smile, "We will be leaving shortly" she said. I nodded as she stood up and walked to the door. "Oh and also Demetri, however good your intentions may be, we're doing this for Nico too, not just Katalina" she said before leaving. I sighed, "I know...", I then watched her leave.

We were headed to our next destination and I was trying to be as positive as possible. I balled my fists and I tried to breathe normally. Everything's fine, your fine, they'll be fine, don't worry. I heard someone then stand besides me and I recomposed myself quickly. I heard the person chuckle, "Hey, it's fine if your not feeling your best. You don't have to hide it with us". I turned to identify the person and I saw it was Percy. I gave him a side smile, "I'm fine really..it's just that it's been a lot. I don't understand how you can stand all of this" I said tiredly. Percy sighed, "Yeah, well..you get used to it I guess", he looked out into the night sky. What he was doing right now really reminded me a lot of Katalina. Without knowing, I smiled at that thought. "Umm..Demetri, I hope I'm not prying too much, but...you like my sister don't you?" he broke the silence. I stiffened, "Well she's a great friend, of course I like her" I chuckled awkwardly. He rolled his eyes, "Oh c'mon, I might not be Annabeth or a child of Aphrodite, but I know when someone has an interest on my sister" he teased. I played with my fingers, "I don't know what your talking about" I said. "Welp, if you say so" he said making sure to pop the P. I laughed, "Your such a troublemaker". He exaggeratedly put a hand to his chest. "How could you say that Demetri? I have done no such things to make you think of me such way" he spoke with a fake accent. "Well, you do seem so" I mumbled. He proceeded to put a hand to his forehead now. "Annabeth, tell him I am no troublemaker" Percy said. I turned to see Annabeth walking towards us. "Oh seaweed brain.." she laughed. Percy pouted, "You were supposed to help me" he cried. Annabeth wrapped her arms around him and looked at me. "I'll be taking him. We all need some rest after all of this" she said. "Ohh yes indeed, let's go Annie.." Percy yawned. Annabeth looked at her boyfriend adoringly, "Ok, let's go. Goodnight Demetri". I waved at them, "Goodnight". I could only watch them as they made their way down in each others arms. Before they went downstairs, Percy turned back and looked at me with sleepy eyes. "Oh and remember Demetri, it's ok to not be ok" he smiled. His words stuck with me and I felt like crying. My gaze soon turned to the moon. "Their a beautiful couple" I whispered into the night air.