Is Missing Him Wrong?

Friday

Katalina's POV -

Demetri came back through the night. How I know? Well he didn't come back right after Gianna had came. And when I woke the next morning, some of his clothes wasn't there anymore. I sighed, I already had eaten breakfast and there still wasn't any sign of him. But, at the same time it would be kind of awkward because of what happened yesterday. I was just walking around the room when Alec came inside. I looked at him and smiled, "Good morning". He smiled back, "Good morning". I didn't want to ask him about Demetri, but I was worried. Before I could ask him, he spoke up, "I suppose you're wondering where Demetri is, right?" he asked. A faint blush appeared on my cheeks, "I mean he didn't come back after Aro called him". He nodded, "Aro just called him for his usual duties. But, Demetri left earlier this morning, as you can see. He said he needed some time for himself". I looked at him. He left?? I think Alec sensed my panic and worry. "Don't worry, he'll be back in maybe 2 or 3 days. He wouldn't leave you alone" he smiled. I could sense that Alec felt hurt while saying that, but why? I nodded in response. "Is there anything you want to do today?" he asked after some time. I thought, "Demetri once mentioned that you have a room filled with weapons. Does that mean swords too?" I asked with a cheeky tone. He smirked, "I see what you want".

"You seem out of training" I yelled at Alec while we fought. He slashed, "You too". I moved to the other side and did a difficult sword movement on him, "I mean, I haven't been home in a long time". He rolled his eyes, "Have you even fought with a sword anytime recently?" he asked. I spaced out for a moment, but immediately regained consciousness after some seconds, "Yes, I have". "With who" he replied. Ohh Alec, if you knew. "My brother" I finally replied. I then slashed and defeated him. I smirked, "I won". "Indeed you did" he smirked back. He handed me a water. After drinking some, I felt energized again. 'Let's go back. I have to take a shower" I told him. He nodded and we went back to the bedroom.

After finishing taking a shower, Alec and I played some card games. And then after that we played charades. Game after game, we just kept smiling. Alec then took me to Jane's room since his time on duty was going to start soon. Jane and I talked and talked. We gushed over Spencer Reid on Criminal Minds and she also took me on a tour around the castle. We came back to Demetri's room at the end of the day. We sat in silence for a moment, but it wasn't uncomfortable. "Katalina how do you feel about Demetri?" she asked then. I looked up at her. I played with my thumbs, "I, uh, well he's a nice guy". "What else?" she continued. I was getting nervous, "Well he's really nice to me and he's charming. Really handsome too" I replied. She smiled, "What do you seem him as?". I raised my eyebrow, "Well as a friend, right?". She folded her arms across her chest, "I don't know, you tell me. Have you ever thought of Demetri has more than a friend?" she asked. "Jane, I'm only 17" I said. She threw her hands to the side, "So what? Your like way older than him technically. And if you are counting then only human years, well your basically almost 18 in a few months" she responded. I chuckled, "Even so Jane. I can't be with him". She frowned, "Why?". Should I tell her? I sighed, "Jane, I need you to promise me that you won't tell anybody what I'm about to tell you right now. Not Demetri and not even Alec" I said. She was confused, but she finally agreed. "I have a boyfriend back home. And he's someone who I love so much. My love belongs to him" I said. She looked confused and worried then, "You have a boyfriend?". I nodded, "Yes". "But, he's not the one you're supposed to be with. What if your love belongs to someone else?" she said quickly. She then realized what she said and covered her mouth. I tilted my head in confusion, "What do you mean Jane? Is there something I should know? You all have been hiding something big from me since I got here. What is it?" I asked her. She looked down, "You have also been hiding things from us". My heart dropped, "I know, I know, but Jane, please, if there's something I should know, please tell me" I begged her. I could tell she wanted to tell me, but she didn't. "I'm sorry Katalina, but its up to Demetri to tell you" she said. My shoulders dropped, "Why is it always Demetri this, Demetri that? What does he have to tell me?" I asked curiously. "You'll understand later" she lightly smiled. I sighed, "I hope I do".

Jane left after another hour and Alec had came in with some dinner. "So, how was your day?" he asked. I smiled at him joyfully, "It was so much fun. It's been a long time since I had a day like this". He smiled back, "I'm glad it was with us then". I was dying to ask Alec about the whole Demetri telling me matter, but I knew I wasn't going to get anything out of him either. "So what do you want to do tomorrow?" I asked him. "I should be asking you that" he said. "Oh c'mon, you decide please. I want to do something you wanna do Alec" I replied. He smiled and then he seemed to be thinking. He raised his chin, "Why don't we do some pottery?". I smiled, "Sure..".

Saturday

The next day, Alec took Jane and I to a separate room where we would be attempting pottery. "Have you done pottery before?" I asked Jane. She nodded, "Yes, I have, but I'm not really that good at it. Alec is a pro at it though. He always makes fun of my creations" she glared at him. Alec chuckled, "Well sister, your creations are something to laugh at". Jane scoffed, "You're so mean Alec". He just shrugged his shoulders while I patted Jane on the back. We put on some aprons and Alec got us started. Jane was right. Alec is a pro at pottery. "Alec, I have literally no idea what you are saying right now" I said confused. He was explaining about what we should exactly do and how we make the clay look the way we want it. Everything that came out of his mouth, just made me more confused, but I tried. "Katalina, it's not too hard. Even Jane is doing a better a job than you" he joked. Jane and I looked at each other and scoffed at Alec. "You better stop before we throw some clay at you" we warned. He laughed, but he did also step back We finally finished creating our pottery and Alec took them somewhere so they can bake. Jane and I finished cleaning up and we headed towards the kitchen. There was already some food out, so I started eating. "You know, I always wonder how the food tastes. But then I remember that the others say that it tastes like dirt" she said while making a funny face. I chuckled, "Well for you vampires yes". "What are you ladies up to?" Alec asked while walking in. We shrugged, "Nothing much". He sat down and placed his feet on top of the table, "So, how did you guys like today's activity?" he asked. "It was fun, although your random mean remarks were not so fun" Jane and I said. "Hmph, mean?? I wasn't mean and besides I only said something like 2 or 3 times" he humphed in protest. Jane and I just chuckled.

After I had finished eating, Jane left due to Aro's calling. Alec kept me company though. "How were these 2 days for you" he asked me. I played with the blanket, "They were really fun. Thank you Alec" I replied with a smile. He looked at me quizzically, "Why are you thanking me?". I smiled warmly, "It's been a long time since I've had fun like this. There's always been a problem at my feet.". He smiled back then and he placed a hand on mine, "I'm glad then that I was able to make you happy". I smiled back. Then we heard the turn of a knob. We looked at the bedroom door and Demetri was there. My heart stopped for a moment. Wow was he gorgeous. My heart ached for a moment too. I hadn't realized how much I missed him. I mean I knew I missed him even if it was just 2 days, but I always ignored those feelings since I knew it was wrong.

"Demetri, your back?" Alec said.

Demetri glared at our holding hands, "Yes, I am".