Long Time No See My Friend ~ J

Katalina's POV -

"Jasper?!" I whisper yelled. "Katalina??" he said in shock. "What are you doing here? It's been so long since we've seen each other and you're ...human??" he said while looking me up and down. I grabbed his hand, "We can't talk here", I led him through a hallway to a balcony. "Katalina, what is going on? How are you here and why are you human?" he asked me worried. I then told him the whole fiasco I was wrapped in right now. He shook his head, "Wow.., they both really did that didn't they. But, Katalina, why haven't you left? You are perfectly capable of leaving. You have magic and you're a demigod. You're able to escape more easily" he said confused. I shook my head, "No Jasper, I can't yet. Demetri is in possession of somethings of mine that are really important to me and I need to get them back" I told him. "And how exactly are you going to do that?" he said raising an eyebrow. "My plan is already set. No matter what happens, I'm leaving tomorrow. My siblings are coming and I will have my hands on what's mine then" I smirked. He sighed, "Katalina, Demetri is smart. You need to be careful you know" he said grabbing my hand. I smiled at him warmly, "Don't worry, everything's going to be just fine. But, there is something I want to ask you though..". 'What is it?" he questioned. I looked at him directly in the eyes, "Can you help me tomorrow?" I said. He stood up, "Katalina, I don't want to get into trouble and besides how exactly can I help you?" he said. I stood up then too, "I will protect you Jasper. Just as I've been all these years. You only have to help me get out of the ballroom tomorrow" I said while placing a hand on his shoulder. I could tell he wasn't sure. "Please Jasper.." I begged. He sighed, "Fine, I swear if you weren't one of my best friends, I would've totally ditched you. But then again I don't know.." he smirked. I scoffed playfully at him, "Wow, what a friend" I laughed. He placed a hand on his chest, "Excuse me ma'am" he said in his cute Southern accent. I hugged him, "Its so nice to finally see you again after so many years". He hugged me tighter, "Me too..".

Demetri's POV -

Where the heck are you Katalina?! You said you were going to go with Jane, so why aren't you with her?? I was looking frantically for her, she was basically nowhere to be seen. "Demetri, we need to calm down first. You're drawing attention.." Alec said coming up to me while looking around us. I turned to him, "She was here one second and in another second, she's completely vanished. Alec I'm freaking out right now and-" I stopped when I heard her laugh. I looked around and I followed her voice. I saw her then in a corner with the Cullen's. I frowned, I didn't want her talking to them. I strode towards them and I was right next to her then. They looked at me in surprise and then their leader, Carlisle, greeted me. "Demetri, it's nice to see you. You've created such a beautiful presentation of the ball" he said with a small smile. I smiled back too, "It's nice to see you too....Carlisle. And thank you, we worked really hard to bring a beautiful scenery". He just nodded at me then. I turned towards Katalina, "I thought you said you were going to Jane?" I asked her. I was a little bit annoyed, but the worry and relief was much bigger. She looked down, "I was, but then I couldn't find her". I was about to say something, but then the big guy interrupted, "Oh do you hear that. It seems like the dance floor is calling us. Let's go darling" he said turning to the tall blonde right next to him. She smiled at him lovingly and they left. "I guess we should go too then, Esme" Carlisle said. Once they left, there stood only us and the other two couples. I narrowed my eyes at Edward's mate, Bella, "I see you didn't bring your daughter Miss Bella" I said. She shifted, "Yes, we decided it would be best if she stays back home" she replied. I nodded and then I noticed that Alice was looking at Katalina intensely. I wanted to ask her what she was seeing, but I didn't think she nor Jasper would find it appropriate. Jasper seemed to notice and he grabbed her hand, "Honey, why don't we join them too" he told Alice. She looked at him, "Of course, let's go". Katalina tugged on my hand then, "Maybe we should go too Demetri" she said. Her words warmed my frozen heart then. She wanted to dance with me, "If you may excuse us" I said to Edward and Bella. I led Katalina through the crowd and I put an arm around her waist. We started dancing and we continued for another song after that. We bumped into Jane and Alec. "Katalina, Demetri, you guys are dancing too? Hey let's change partners for this next song" Jane exclaimed. Jane was then taking me by the arm and Katalina was in Alec's embrace then. "Hi" she greeted him. "Hi" he said warmly. My hurt burned with jealousy for a moment, but then I realized that I had nothing to worry about. She was mine already.

Katalina's POV -

Alec and I began dancing and we just stayed close together. "It's been a long time since we danced like this" Alec muttered into my ear. I felt my heart race a little, "Yeah, it has been". "Katalina, has there been another person in your life romantically after me? I mean I'm pretty sure there has been, obviously, but I'm just curious" Alec told me. I chuckled lightly, "Actually, well there has been" I replied. "Who was it?" he asked me. I felt my heart ache. Whenever I thought or talked about Luke, I instantly felt like crying. He was actually another reason as to why I needed to leave as soon as possible. "He was a magnificent person. I loved him with all my heart", I tried to not let my voice break because I couldn't show any of those emotions to anyone. "How did you guys break up?" Alec questioned. I froze and Alec noticed. He took my hand and led me out of the ballroom. We entered a room in which a nice warm fire was lit up. We sat down and after some minutes I spoke. "He died.." I said. Alec looked at me, "I'm sorry". I shook my head, "Well at some point, somebody has to die right? Even those who are immortal". Alec looked at me, "What do you mean?", he asked. "There will always be a loophole, that's all" I said quietly. "I'm sorry, I know I sound crazy. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" I said. He shook his head lightly, "Not at all, and you're not crazy Katalina. You're just hurting" he comforted me. "I'm done hurting Alec. I don't feel anymore, it just makes you weak" I said nonchalantly. He frowned, "I see Klaus has really made a close on you". "My brother has nothing to do with what I feel. My brother has only showed and taught me greatness and bravery" I said while looking up at him. I looked away from him and I suddenly felt, calm? I looked over my shoulder and I saw Jasper looking at me. He smiled lightly and looked up at the clock. I followed his gaze towards the clock and I knew what he was trying to tell me, 'there isn't much time'. "I don't want to argue Alec, I'm sorry" I said. He looked at me with widened eyes, "You're what?". "You heard me" I said while walking away. He followed me, I sat down in one of the chairs near by. "Is something wrong Katalina?" Alec asked confused. I looked at him, "Nothing's wrong, why do you ask?" I questioned. He chuckled lightly, "It's just, I don't think I ever remember you apologizing to anyone ever". I scowled, "Did I have to?". He grabbed my hand quickly, "I mean I don't know. Maybe you did have to or maybe not" he said. I nodded, I didn't know what to say. I mean, I'm leaving tomorrow and there's nothing else I can think of. My wrists then hurt. I looked at the one with my trident mark and I felt the same feeling again. Something is wrong and I have a feeling I know what it is. But, I don't want to believe it. Alec panicked, "What is it? Does something hurt?" he asked. I felt a cold hand then lay on my wrists, only it wasn't Alec's, it was Demetri's. "What happened? Are you hurt?" Demetri said worried. I pulled my wrists close to myself, "No, I'm fine. I think it's time for me to go to bed" I said. "Of course, here, let's go" Demetri said while offering me his hand. I bid Alec a goodnight and I left with Demetri.

As I climbed into bed, Demetri came and sat by me. "I wanted to give you this earlier today, but I didn't have time" Demetri started. I looked at him and I saw my camp bead necklace in his hands. I let out a small gasp, "My necklace", I reached for it instantly. Demetri let me take it and I observed it then in admiration. He looked down at his feet, "I apologize for taking away your necklace from you, it must be really important to you" he said with a hint of embarrassment. I looked at him, "It is". "Would you mind if I ask you to tell me why its so important to you?" he asked slightly shy. I smiled at him, "I'm sorry, you don't have to tell me right now, maybe tomorrow. I know you're tired" he said quickly. I laughed, "Its fine Demetri. This necklace, its a symbol of how much I've survived with my family and well, as myself" I said. He tilted his head confused, "Survived?"". "Yeah, I mean, you survive another day, that's important isn't it" I muttered. Demetri nodded, "It is". I didn't want to keep looking at the clock, but I couldn't stop myself. It's going to be 1 am soon. Demetri looked towards what I was looking at, "Oh, you should go to sleep. It's very late for you, I shouldn't have kept you up this long. Goodnight Katalina" he said while placing a kiss on my forehead. I smiled warmly, "Goodnight Demetri".

One down, one more to go...