Ethereal

Fast forward 4 years..

Katalina's POV -

I sat at the bottom of the lake of Camp Half-Blood. If anybody who didn't know me saw me, they would think I'm dead. And they're right, I am dead. At least inside I am. It's been a month since Luke's death and I wasn't anywhere near accepting that. My love, my soulmate, my life, is gone. I know people would say that I'm too young to know how love feels like, but in my defense, I was more than 1000 years old. But even if I am old enough, that doesn't mean I actually ever felt love for someone that way. My brother's think that I should go back to New Orleans for awhile, but I don't want to. Recently, Nico has been coming by lately to the Poseidon cabin. He's been trying to cheer me up in every way he can, but I refuse to move on. I swam to the surface and stepped out. I headed inside the cabin to take a proper shower. I felt the water run down my body as it made me feel warm and it relaxed my muscles. As I finished up, I reached to grab my towel, but soon I realized that I forgot to get a new one. I groaned in annoyance and I hurried naked to my bed where I had left it. But right when I step out of the bathroom, my brother, Percy, enters the cabin and he looks up at me. Both our eyes widen and we freeze. I then screamed, "AHHH PERCY!!". "By the seahorses, KAI!! Where is your towel?" he said while covering his eyes. "It's on my bed. Uhh can you please... uhh.. hand me it?" I managed to say in between the embarrassment. He grabbed it and tossed it at me. I caught it and I immediately wrapped it around my body. "Are you covered now?" he asked. "Yes" I replied.

"Has Nico come over yet?" Percy asked as we played a game. I looked up at him. I then realized that Nico hasn't come over yet. "Now that you mention it. No, why?" I asked. "It's just that I haven't seen him today" he said while looking at me. I think he was trying to read my emotions. I sighed, "Is that so..?". "Yeah, you know maybe you could go and find him. Maybe hangout or watch something.." he said. I put my card down, "I don't know Percy. Maybe he's busy or he's training. Oh and by the way, you're losing" I said. He groaned in frustration, "Katalina, you're making this even more harder". "What do you mean?! You're the one who isn't paying attention" I said irritated, but I knew what he meant. "Katalina, I'm not talking about the game. I mean Nico. Give him a chance" he said. I looked up at Percy. He had a desperate look on his face. "I can't. What about Luke? He-" "Katalina!! He's dead. I'm sorry, but he's dead. You can't keep treating yourself like this. Luke wouldn't like to see you like this. I don't want to see you like this. Nobody does. Please just take this chance. You can't make Nico wait forever. Look, I know I can't make you be with someone if you don't want to, but at least please try to be happy again. Please try to live again" Percy said. I looked down. I know I'm wrong for treating people like this, but Luke was my soulmate. I then looked up at Percy. I put my cards down and I stood up. I headed to the door with a fast pace. "Kai, I didn't mean- I-" Percy began, but I was already out the door

I ran and ran until I could find Nico. I don't know how I found him, but I just did. He was in the strawberry fields looking up at the sky. I didn't notice how much Nico had matured physically. His hair had gotten darker and did he get a haircut? He had gotten taller and his muscles were even more obvious. I'm pretty sure that under that shirt, there were rock-hard abs. OMG?! What the heck was I thinking?! His beautiful dark brown eyes almost looked obsidian. But so beautiful. I then called out to him, "Nico di Angelo". He turned and looked at me. I ran towards him and I hugged him. He hugged me back in surprise, "Kai, is something wrong?" he questioned. "No, nothing is wrong. I'm just so grateful to have you by my side" I said while hugging him tighter. "You know I'll always be. As long as I'm alive, and even dead, I'll always be here for you. I love you" he confessed. I looked at him and he met my eyes. "You don't have to love me back that way. I just want to make you happy at least" he said. "Nico, I..., I have been trying to hold back my feelings for you because I thought I would be betraying Luke, but I think I've started realizing my true feelings for you" I said. Then the most beautiful thing happened. A smile spread across his face and he looked so ethereal.

Authors Note:

Soo... I just wanted to say that Katalina and Nico are 17 years old here and Luke was 18 when he died.

ALSO!! I'm a Solangelo shipper, but I just needed Nico to be the other main love interest so there could be some more drama. I'm sorry :( Please understand <3