Memories part 2

(time skip 1 week)

"Y/N come on we're going to be late." I laugh tugging on my denim jacket and shoving my phone into my pocket "Ready." I grab the bag of food we prepared and follow Lonnie outside "Any idea why Ben organised a spontaneous picnic?" she shrugs "Who knows." we walk side by side into the woods and find Ben, Mal, Evie and Dug already their sitting on blankets layed on the floor. "Hey." the two of sit down and I place the food in the middle "Hello." Ben smiles "Glad you could both make it." 

Jay, Carlos and Jane appear also with food and we form a sort of circle greeting each other happily. Harry, Uma and Gil are the last to arrive. I move so Harry can sit next to me and lean against his side. "You okay?" I nod kissing his cheek "I'm great. You?" he smiles "Alright. Any idea why we're here?" I shake my head "No." Uma sighs stretching out on the blanket "Well this is fun." Ben shrugs "I thought it would be nice for all of us to get together."

Mal smiles "I think its a good idea." Evie nods "Me too." we start un-packing the food and handing it around dropping into casual conversation. "How was your day?" I smile turning to Harry "Good, I got some drawing done this morning. I finished a drawing of all of us together today." Harry nods "Can I see it?" I pull out my phone and click on a photo I took of the drawing "That's amazing love." I blush slightly "Thank you." Uma peers over my shoulder "Hey that's me." I chuckle handing her the phone "Its all of us." 

My phone ends up being passed around everyone. Once I get it back I place it back in my pocket leaning further onto Harry. Ben sighs and grips Mal's hand tightly "There is a reason I gathered you all here today." everyone visibly tenses and Jay frowns "Just tell us quickly and get it over with." he nods slightly "The royal council has decided to close the barrier, permanently." everyone's faces fall and Ben shakes his head "I did everything I could I swear. But apparently Striker Meyers has escaped, it is not for certain but it has scared everyone enough to want to close the barrier."

I grip Harry's hand tightly as Ben stares at all of us blankly "I'm afraid that's not the worst of it," he stares at Mal then the floor "They're sending everyone back." his voice breaks towards the end and Mal wraps an arm around his shoulders "When?" he shakes his head slightly "I'm not sure." Jane is openly crying and I turn burying my face in Harry's neck sniffling. "I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything else. But my coronation is in a month. If I can change anyone's minds I will I promise." 

We all sit in silence and Gil suddenly starts bawling "I don't want to go." I reach out and grip his hand tightly trying to be reassuring. Uma scowls but wraps an arm around him "Does anyone else know?" Ben shakes his head sounding broken "No, there's a public announcement next week." I frown "There must be a way to change the councils mind." Ben sighs "I've tried everything I can think of. The only thing left would be to stop the disappearances and catch Striker." Harry squeezes my hand "Sorry love." I shake my head "They can't send you all back. That's ridiculous. You should at least have a choice."