Public Vote

Your P/O/V:

Lonnie, Jane, Audrey and me all walk to the cafeteria joining all the other students waiting for the announcement. A few of Audrey's old friends all sneer when we enter but we all keep our heads high ignoring them completely. We reach our table where Ben and Dug are waiting. Sitting down Ben smiles slightly "Over three quarters of the population voted." I nod slightly and turn staring at the screens mounted on the wall. 

Audrey reaches for my hand gripping it tightly "Either way this goes, the VKs get to come back." I nod slightly "I know." the screens flicker on and a hush falls over the room as Snow White appears on screen. "Hello and welcome to today's broadcast, coming live from Auradon. As you all know the royal council announced yesterday a public vote as to whether the barrier around the Isle will come down." she bristles clearly not overly enamored with the idea "You have all voted and the King and Queen are here to announce the results." 

The camera cuts away to Beast and Belle. "This is not a decision that we came to easily. But no one is born good or bad and everyone has the ability to change. Even the worst of us deserve second chances, which is why after a public vote it has been decided that the barrier will be bought down permanently. Anyone that causes unrest will be dealt with but as of tomorrow afternoon the barrier will be bought down." The numbers flash up at the bottom of the screen way over half voted for the barrier to be bought down.

 "Any children wishing to apply to Auradon Prep or alternative schools will be able to. The Isle will be improved with a better health care system and fresh food provided." I stop listening after that grinning.

Lonnie and Jane jump up whooping and I turn to Audrey pulling her into a hug. Several others are also celebrating only about ten in the far corner looking sulky and angry. Ben grins "The barrier is coming down." we all nod squishing each other in a group hug.

Harry P/O/V:

We all crowd around the small TV in the chip shop waiting for the final announcement. Uma grips my shoulder tightly while Gil practically vibrates on the spot "Dude chill." Jay wraps an arm around his shoulders "I'm nervous." Dizzy barges through the door Celia close behind "Did we miss it? Did we miss it?" Evie waves them over "No, but hurry."

Beast and Belle appear on screen, Beast starting to talk "This is not a decision that we came to easily. But no one is born good or bad and everyone has the ability to change. Even the worst of us deserve second chances, which is why after a public vote it has been decided that the barrier will be bought down permanently..." the whoops and yells echo around the whole Isle drowning out the rest of the announcement. I hug Uma tightly as she bounces up and down "We're free." 

She turns to Mal hugging her as they both squeal and I grunt as Gil barrels into me whooping. I chuckle wheezing when Carlos and Jay join as well all of us getting squished. Dizzy and Celia are still squealing quietly as we all calm down enough to listen to the remainder of the broadcast. 

I try to concentrate but all I can think about is Y/N. Her smile. Her laugh just everything about her. "Hook you paying attention?" I turn to Uma "Yes." she chuckles "What ever lover boy." I hit her arm "Carlos and Evie have someone over there as well you know." she shrugs but looks over at Evie who sure enough is staring towards Auradon a longing look on her face. The TV flickers of and the chip shop door bursts open VK's streaming inside all beaming.