Christmas Day

I sit up quickly and run over to the window. The sun has just started to rise and there is snow falling lazily from the sky. Grinning I run out the room to mum's and burst through the door "Mum. Mum. Mum." she yawns "What?" I grin jumping on the end of the bed "Come on wake up. ITS CHRISTMAS!" she laughs "Aren't you too old for this?" I shake my head "Nope. Now get up." she scowls "Five more minutes." I sigh and the door opens again Hamish, Harris, Hubert running in. "Come on Merida wakey wakey." 

She scowls sitting up "Did you put them up to this?" I grin "Maybe." she sighs and stands running a hand through her hair trying to tame it "I'll be down in a minute." The four of us walk out to find Celia, Dizzy, Mal and Uma all standing on the landing. Uma frowns "Why are we all up so early?" I grin "Because it's Christmas!" she rolls her eyes and we all run downstairs and into the main room. Granddad limps into the room grinning and he picks me up wrapping his arms around my waist "Happy Christmas to my favorite niece." I roll my eyes "I'm your only niece." he laughs "Could of just accepted the compliment." 

I laugh and kiss his cheek "Thank you Grandpa. Happy Christmas to you too." Mum walks downstairs and I hug her tightly "Come on mum, you love Christmas really." she grins "I know. Presents or breakfast first?" there is a chorus of presents around the room and she laughs "Well that was deceive." I grin and walk over to the tree picking up the presents from me. I hand them around and sit down watching everyone opening them. 

"Y/N I love it." I smile at Grandma as she holds up the dress I made "Thank you." I smile brightly"I'm glad you like it." she smiles and grandpa opens his "Aah excellent." he holds up the bottle of whisky "Thanks lass." mum glares at me "Please tell me you didn't buy that." I laugh "I got Hamish to buy it for me." she nods "I hope so."

Uma and Celia laugh and the rest of the presents are handed out. I get some new arrows from mum, a violin from grandma (which I don't plan on using), some new pencils and art supplies from Hamish, Harris, Hubert, clothes from Uma and Evie and chocolate from grandpa. 

Once everyone has finished with presents we all go through to the dinning room for Christmas dinner. Which ends in my three uncles and grandpa singing very off key while dancing around the tree. I roll my eyes and walk over to mum hugging her tightly "Happy Christmas mum, I love you." she grins "Happy Christmas lass. I love you too." I sigh and smile at my family and friends in the room "I'm glad you've found some good friends. It's good to see you so happy."

I smile at her "I just wish you could be happy as well." she smiles slightly "I am happy." I nod "We're going to find dad." she smiles sadly "I know, I just thought we would have found him by now." I hug her tightly "I love you mum."