First customers

*time skip two weeks*

I smile at Evie across the table and turn my laptop around "Website complete." she grins and scrolls down "This is amazing, thank you." I nod and smile "My pleasure." I click on one of the links "I uploaded some of our designs and there is a booking system for fittings and it links to the calendar app on your phone so there won't be any double bookings. Each one is for an hour. I figured that would be long enough." she nods "Brilliant. We have our fist two bookings today after lessons." I nod and smile "I also printed of some flyers and pinned them on the school notice board next to the ones advertising the Christmas dance." she nods and holds up a finished dress which is royal blue "What do you think?" I smile "Its very you."

she nods and admires it "When is the dance?" I smile and check my phone "A month and a bit. December 10th." she nods and I smile "Oh I almost forgot, if your not going back to the Isle for Christmas my mum said you can come stay with us." she grins "Sounds great." I smile and stare out the window "I hope it snows soon." she smiles "Why do you want it to snow?" I shrug "I love snow but it also means lots of excuses to have hot chocolate and cookies." she laughs and I check the time "Come on we should probably get to class." I nod and we both stand slinging our bags onto our shoulders "How many dresses do you think we will be able to make?" I shrug "We shall have to see."

The rest of day passes in a blur and the last lessons ends just before the bell. I sigh and stand glad that I only have English homework. I walk to Evie and Mal's room and knock before walking in "Hey Mal." she smiles slightly "Hey." Evie grins "Okay so I brought lots of fabric and layed out our sketches on the table." I smile and look at them "Great." someone knocks on the door and Jane walks in "Hi, I booked on line for a dress fitting." Evie grins "Our first customer." Jane chooses a design and Evie gets all the measurements while I write them all down with Jane's name at the top. 

I put the design to the side so that no one else can choose it and Evie smiles "We'll contact you as soon as it is ready." she nods "Thanks." she waves and walks out the room. Evie checks the time and grins at Mal "Well we have time before our next booking, Mal..." she sighs but stands walking over to the table of designs "Fine. Can you make that one in purple?" I nod and Evie grins and holds up her tape measure "Arms up." she does as told and I pick up my pen writing everything down with a side note to change the colour from the original blue to purple. "How are you two going to make dresses and cope with school?" Evie shrugs "Team work."

Our second customer is Lonnie who grins "I'm so glad you decided to do this, Evie you make amazing clothes." she smiles "Well thank you." she looks at all the designs and smiles "Do you think you could combine those two?" I pick up the two designs and a pencil making a quick sketch while Evie takes measurements jotting them down on a spare piece of paper. "Is this okay?" Lonnie smiles "Perfect." I smile and add colour to the drawing along with Lonnie's name and measurements. Lonnie leaves and Evie grins "Can we start making them now?" I shrug "I have time." she claps her hands and takes Jane's design pulling the right colours towards her. I do the same with Mal's and cut all the right shapes before starting to yawn and putting them to the side. "I'm heading to bed, see you tomorrow." the two of them wave and I leave.