Striker Meyers

I sling my bag onto my back with my quiver and bow on top. Lonnie grabs her fencing sword and we jump out the window glancing around in the early morning light for anyone who could be watching. Pulling the window shut we run into the cover of the trees to where we hid my bike and helmets "Are you nervous?" I look over my shoulder and grip her hand "We're going to find a known criminal? Yea I'm nervous." she chuckles "Not just me then." I smile reassuringly "We're going to be fine. There's two of us and only one of him." 

Reaching the bike I lift the compartment on the back putting my bag inside and strapping our weapons along the back. Climbing on I start the engine and flip on the lights "Ready?" Lonnie squeezes my side gently "Yep." kicking of the stand I swerve around and out onto the road. I drive slightly over the speed limit but with no one around and the limited light I don't worry about it focusing on following the signs to our destination. 

It takes an hour to reach the little village of Scorsha and the sun has almost risen fully. I stop by the village post office while Lonnie checks the map on her phone "We need to follow the forest track, there's a small turn of about two miles up that will lead to the castle." she pockets her phone and I drive slowly through the village finding the turning for the forest track just on the outskirts. Speeding up once more we fly past the trees on the smooth tarmac "Keep an eye out." Lonnie points "There." I slow and turn the road turns from tarmac to gravel the wheels crunching loudly in the deserted area.

We reach a pair of iron gates and I brake hard swerving so we are side on. I flip up the visor on my helmet letting out a low whistle "That's one hell of a castle." 

"There's nothing there." 

I laugh "You're joking right?"

"Nope, all I see is a couple of boulders and a bunch of broken walls, nothing but a ruin." I look over my shoulder "What?" Lonnie frowns "What do you see?" I look back through the gate at the stone castle that looms above us the top levels just looking out over the tops of the trees, with carved oak doors and large windows all with the curtains drawn shut. The gravel drive is lined with trees and the stones all look worn, the castle has clearly been here a long time.

 "I can see a castle." We both climb of the bike and push it back into the trees. I sling my quiver onto my back gripping my bow loosely while Lonnie draws her sword "Why can't I see it?" I shake my head slightly "I've no idea, come on."

I reach out to push open the gates but they swing open silently "Well that's normal." I laugh uneasily taking a step forward. We clear the gates and Lonnie freezes "Woah." she blinks several times "It just appeared out of nowhere, must have a magic barrier around it." I nod confused as to why I could see it before. "Well lets go see if anyone is home." cautiously we make our way up the front steps, reaching out I place a hand on the door jumping back when they swing open. We both raise our weapons expecting someone on the other side, but no one is there only a red carpet well worn but obviously expensive. Paintings line the walls along with framed maps and tapestries. 

We step inside the doors shutting behind us making the both of us jump. A low chuckle comes from in front a tall, muscular man with long black hair tied back in a pony tail and a smirk on his face as well as a long scar stretching from the corner of his eye and down his shirt. He's wearing a loose white shirt, black trousers and boots and has a dagger hanging from his belt. "Well, well, well. Visitors." he glances at Lonnie before his gaze locks on me "You must be Y/N Loxely." I scowl raising my bow "How do you know my name?" he laughs spreading his arms "You think I wouldn't recognize my own niece. You look like your father, your mothers hair. But your eyes are just like my mothers."